Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-26 Giants (Bumgarner) at Brewers (Garza), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-3]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/giants.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 26 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Giants (26-20) | Crew (16-30)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/8EcQfth.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/LUkd6SN.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Madison Bumgarner[/pitcher][h2]5-2, 2.84 ERA, 1.14 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Bumgarner's 5.2 strikeout-to-walk ratio is his best yet. He approaches the end of the month in which he has recorded a 2.95 career ERA, his best for any month except September/October (2.56).[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]2-6, 5.71 ERA, 1.52 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Giants | Game Log[/h3][h3]After allowing 10 runs against the Mets on May 21, Garza surrendered just two hits through the first six innings of Thursday's tough-luck loss in Atlanta. He's allowed three runs or less in five of nine starts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. LF Norichika Aoki (L)
  2. 2B Joe Panik (L)
  3. RF Hunter Pence ®
  4. C Buster Posey ®
  5. 1B Brandon Belt (L)
  6. SS Brandon Crawford (L)
  7. CF Gregor Blanco (L)
  8. 3B Matt Duffy ®
  9. LHP Madison Bumgarner ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  2. LF Khris Davis ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  5. 1B Jason Rogers ®
  6. 2B Hector Gómez ®
  7. C Martín Maldonado ®
  8. RHP Matt Garza ®
  9. SS Luis Sardiñas (S)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This team just isn't good. Some of these guys will do better I'm sure, and of course there are some guys out right now, but there's just not enough to work with.

I would do the rebuild. Sit tight on Garza, two seasons ago Gallardo was supposed to be a key trade chip, but he wasn't pitching well. He pitched better last season, and the Brewers got a solid return for him over the winter - Garza is more talented than this, but obviously, this isn't going to be the time to deal him.

I'm glad the draft is approaching, to distract me.

Stephen Gonsalves, a Twins 4th rounder from 2013, has struck out 8 of the first 9 T-Rats.

I have 2 thoughts on that.

1) Gonsavles tops out around 90, which is where Devin Williams is working today, but how is it that Stephen has nearly pitched a perfect game so far on strike outs?

2) It would be awesome to have a HS pitcher come through and dominate the MWL, it's been a while... Jake Odorizzi was the last. Nick Bucci was also up and down for that 2010 team and unfortunately neither is with the organization any more.

Demuth singled as I was researching HS pitchers so at least they've gotten a hit now.

edit. A 3rd thought, I wonder if Colby is at this game?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Great at bat for Ramirez. Sac fly to score one and move the other to third. Guy knows what he is doing.

....then a poor at bat to follow. Sigh...could have used that run.

Difference between a veteran and a rookie right there.

1) Gonsavles tops out around 90, which is where Devin Williams is working today, but how is it that Stephen has nearly pitched a perfect game so far on strike outs?

I think the Cubs have been asking that same question about Fiers when he pitches against them.

Hmm, I meant to post those thoughts on the T-Rats on the minor league forum, sorry.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Wow the manager change has really turned this club around.

The manager change hasn't hurt the team, that is for certain... They may still suck, but there appears to be life in this team at times, and you couldn't say that before the change.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived