Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-25 Giants (Lincecum) at Brewers (Lohse), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-4]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/giants.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 25 | 1:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Giants (25-20) | Crew (16-29)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620, WRRD 1510[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/fRkBRTQ.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/f61IIZZ.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Tim Lincecum[/pitcher][h2]4-2, 2.08 ERA, 1.22 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lincecum's ERA is his lowest after eight starts since he fashioned a 1.76 ERA early in 2010. His strikeouts-per-nine-innings ratio is his lowest ever, reflecting his emphasis on guile rather than pure stuff.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Kyle Lohse[/pitcher][h2]3-4, 5.53 ERA, 1.23 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Giants | Game Log[/h3][h3]For the first time this season, Lohse is coming off consecutive quality starts. He cruised for eight innings against the Mets on May 15, then practiced damage control against the Tigers on Wednesday.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. LF Norichika Aoki (L)
  2. 2B Joe Panik (L)
  3. CF Ángel Pagán (S)
  4. RF Hunter Pence ®
  5. 1B Brandon Belt (L)
  6. SS Brandon Crawford (L)
  7. 3B Matt Duffy ®
  8. C Andrew Susac ®
  9. RHP Tim Lincecum (L)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  2. LF Khris Davis ®
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  6. 2B Héctor Gómez ®
  7. C Martín Maldonado ®
  8. RHP Kyle Lohse ®
  9. SS Luis Sardiñas (S)

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Lohse, Lincecum rolling into series opener

By Jon Cooper / Special to MLB.com | 3:46 PM ET

The Brewers kick off a six-game homestand Monday afternoon in a Memorial Day matchup against the Giants. Veteran righty Kyle Lohse gets the ball for the home team in the opener of a three-game series, while a rejuvenated Tim Lincecum goes for the visitors. Both starters are looking to complete a perfect month of May.

Lohse (3-4, 5.53 ERA) enters the game with a 2-0 record and 3.38 ERA (nine earned runs in 24 innings) this month. He didn't factor into the decision Wednesday in Detroit, allowing two runs on seven hits in six innings in the Brewers' 5-2 loss. Lohse is 3-3 with a 4.70 ERA in his career against the Giants. The last time he faced them, Aug. 31 at AT&T Park, he allowed seven earned runs on nine hits in 5 2/3 innings of a 15-5 loss.

Lincecum (4-2, 2.08 ERA) has gone 3-0 while pitching to a 1.05 ERA (three earned runs in 25 2/3 innings) in May. He hasn't allowed a run in three of four starts this month, with batters hitting .157 against him. His last time out, Lincecum threw seven shutout innings against the Dodgers, allowing only three hits in a Giants' 4-0 win. He is looking to continue his success at Miller Park, where he is 3-1 lifetime with a 3.66 ERA and has 36 strikeouts in 32 innings.

Three things to know for this game

• Milwaukee right fielder Ryan Braun got a day of rest Sunday and should be raring to go. He's had success against Lincecum, hitting .320 (8-for-25) with a .720 slugging percentage, three homers and eight RBIs.

• It's no "Freak" accident that Lincecum has had success against the Brewers, holding the current roster to a .226 average and .285 on-base percentage. Aside from Braun, no active Brewer has an average over .220 against Lincecum.

• Giants outfielder Angel Pagan has feasted against Lohse, batting .429 (6-for-14) with five RBIs. Of the 16 RBIs by 2015 Giants against Lohse, 15 have come from three guys: Pagan, Hunter Pence (.320 career average vs. Lohse) and Casey McGhee, who was designated for assignment Sunday.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Braun off and running today. I like it.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Who's had the worse 6th inning, Lohse or Gomez?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I posted that after Gomez' 2nd error of the inning but then Jeffress didn't record an out and Smith threw more gas on the fire and now Cotts, what a disaster.

Cotts is my signal to walk away from this one.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

They will never win a thing without pitching.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The Brewers hit line drives and hard ground balls right but right at fielders, however the Giants hit weak ground balls, check swings, and bloopers off the end of the bat into holes. Seven runs in one inning on one extra base hit. Unbelievable.

This entire organization is a joke.

You got a completely delusional owner, a GM that's been given a lifetime gig and been thru 5 managers, and a yes man manager to follow orders.

Nail on the head. Our general manager is completely incompetent. But our owner is clueless, and so we are stuck with him.

(whispers)"Psst, Mark. Doug has been an assistant GM/General Manager for thirty years in the bigs, and he's won one more playoff series than I have. And I've never been in the Majors. Not even as a hot dog vendor. Perhaps he's.....I don't know....not the right guy for the job? What do you think, hmm?"

The good news is we'll get an insanely high draft pick. The bad news is that we'll draft some guy who can hit the ball 500 feet, play in left field only, and has a .310 OBP...when he gets to Milwaukee in 5 years.

Sigh. Somebody please shoot me. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

What's Mark Attanasio's email? Pretty please. Somebody needs to get it, so he can get an idea of just how sick of this we all are. Because, clearly, he doesn't.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived