Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-23 Brewers (Fiers) at Braves (Miller), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

1992casey
Saved by the umpire. Kintzler flat out sucks.

I think he is a decent pitcher.

Unfortunately for whatever reason he just can't seem to perform in close games.

So he's a relief pitcher who can only pitch well in garbage time. That is the definition of totally useless for a reliever.

I disagree. I think he is a decent pitcher.

Unfortunately for whatever reason he just can't seem to perform in close games. At least that is how it feels because he manages to put up respectable stats...not great, but not bad.

What good is he if he can't perform in close games? Isn't that the job of relievers?

We had plenty of opportunities to win that game. Let's hope we can get the split tomorrow.

Not to defend Kintzler, but I think you guys are being a tad harsh. I don't see how he is playing a role...he has appeared in just 6 games. Not only that but of his 6 innings pitched 3 innings were in blowouts.

Why the hell not walk him? You have 1B open and a righty coming up next.

Exactly. Knew it was game over as soon as he was going to pitch to him. Guys with goofy names like Jace have done the Brewers dirt in the clutch my entire life.

I disagree. I think he is a decent pitcher.

Unfortunately for whatever reason he just can't seem to perform in close games. At least that is how it feels because he manages to put up respectable stats...not great, but not bad.

Spoken and defended like a true Cardinals or Cubs fan? Certainly not a Brewerfan by defending Kintzler. He's been God awful since 2014 began. He's living off of his Rookie full season of good numbers and with lost velocity since he's no longer prevalent in the game. You're not going to be better when your Changeup is practically your FB. Unlike when you first were called up. Teach the man how to throw his Changeup 3MPH slower like the top velocity of his FB has dropped since 2013 and maybe hitters wont find it easy to get hits on you.

Kintzler needs to be gone... For some reason, Counsell doesn't seem to mind this guy routinely coming in and blowing games.

How on earth can we continue to do the same stupid things, over and over. Have some guts CC, dump this guy and give someone else a chance to lose games for us. We already know Kintzler can do it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Kintzler needs to be gone... For some reason, Counsell doesn't seem to mind this guy routinely coming in and blowing games.

Eh, what games other than today has he really blown? He's obviously not a good pitcher and probably shouldn't be on the roster but he hasn't really blown any games. He gave up two runs a couple days ago when we were already losing 8-1. He pitched in the 14-1 loss against. He's pitched two scoreless innings against the White Sox. He gave up 2 runs, 1 earned in a 7-6 loss to the Cubs. To be fair though, the Brewers were losing 5-3 in the 8th when he came in so it's not like they had the lead and he blew it and Gennett made a horrible error to keep that inning going and give them an extra run. I'm sure Kintzler wouldn't have been put in the game if they knew the Braun was going to hit a 3-run homer in the 9th.

That's the point - he's there to lose games so that they get a high draft pick next year! It's all part of the plan...

I suspect you are half joking here but I seriously doubt CC is trying to lose games.

The thing with Kintzler is he hasn't been very good for a while. There has to be somebody else in AAA better than him right now.

Exactly why Lind isn't worth a lot. Great stats, but a lot of liability towards the end of a game.

That ball he hit that resulted in a double play was hit very hard, just right to the first baseman. I can't complain about too much there, aside from the result.

Exactly why Lind isn't worth a lot. Great stats, but a lot of liability towards the end of a game.

That ball he hit that resulted in a double play was hit very hard, just right to the first baseman. I can't complain about too much there, aside from the result.

He's putting up an .868 OPS this year. I would say that is worth a decent amount.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived