Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-23 Brewers (Fiers) at Braves (Miller), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

1992casey

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 23 | 3:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Crew (16-27) | Braves (20-21)[/h2][h3]FS1 | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/braves.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/PzOq8rl.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/DSPjEol.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Mike Fiers[/pitcher][h2]2-5, 5.72 ERA, 1.58 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Braves | Game Log[/h3][h3]Fiers will face the Braves for the first time in his career, completing the National League circuit (minus Milwaukee, for whom he's played his entire career).[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Shelby Miller[/pitcher][h2]3-1, 4.30 ERA, 1.59 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]After coming one out shy of a no-hitter on Sunday, Miller owned a Major League-best 1.33 ERA. He has allowed one run and recorded 20 strikeouts over 25 innings in his past three starts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Carlos Gómez ®
  2. LF Gerardo Parra (L)
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez ®
  6. 2B Elián Herrera (S)
  7. C Martín Maldonado ®
  8. RHP Mike Fiers ®
  9. SS Luis Sardiñas (S)

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 2B Jace Peterson (L)
  2. CF Cameron Maybin ®
  3. 1B Freddie Freeman (L)
  4. RF Nick Markakis (L)
  5. LF Jonny Gomes ®
  6. C A.J. Pierzynski (L)
  7. 3B Alberto Callaspo (S)
  8. SS Andrelton Simmons ®
  9. RHP Shelby Miller ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Let's get this run in already!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Lind is kindve turning back into a pumpkin. Hit that one hard but really hasn't done a lot as of lately. That one stings...
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Knebel is getting tested. I like it. We'll see what he's got.

Brewers have nobody to counter with when the Braves brought the lefty in to face Lind?

Had Centeno and Gomez on the bench. No real 1B option left in the game if you make the switch.

Brewers have nobody to counter with when the Braves brought the lefty in to face Lind?

Had Centeno and Gomez on the bench. No real 1B option left in the game if you make the switch.

I guess theoretically you could have PH Centeno and moved Maldonado to 1B...but I would rather have Lind hit in that scenario.

I like what I have seen from Sardinas. Has a very smooth contact swing and has look very nice at SS. Unlike Segura who seems really choppy out on the diamond sometimes.

I just don't know if he will ever hit enough to be a decent starter.

Saved by the umpire. Kintzler flat out sucks.

I think I'd bring in Krod to "save" the game at this point. Why not use your better pitcher?

Or just let your worst pitcher blow it. Counsell is no different than any manager we've had. Go back to the front office or go away. I don't care, just go. Take Kintzler with you...

Saved by the umpire. Kintzler flat out sucks.

I disagree. I think he is a decent pitcher.

Unfortunately for whatever reason he just can't seem to perform in close games. At least that is how it feels because he manages to put up respectable stats...not great, but not bad.

Archived