Brewer Fanatic

Trading partner: Los Angeles Angels

• 2 weeks later...

With Freese now out for 3 weeks with fractured index finger, does Aramis Ramirez fit into the Angels need for a "middle of the order guy" to follow Trout & Pujols?

Kaleb Cowart (3B) continues to tear up AAA Salt Lake. avg = .333, obp = .411, slg = .532

With Freese now out for 3 weeks with fractured index finger, does Aramis Ramirez fit into the Angels need for a "middle of the order guy" to follow Trout & Pujols?

Kaleb Cowart (3B) continues to tear up AAA Salt Lake. avg = .333, obp = .411, slg = .532

Like Colorado Springs, numbers at SLC need to be taken with huge grain of salt of which there's a lake full.

With Freese injured they need a 3B. But I can't imagine why the Angels would go after Ramirez instead of trading for Todd Frazier

Cause it would be cheaper to trade for A-Ram and Look at their stats the last 28 days

A-Ram: .343, 3hr, 16rbi - .400OBP, .529 SLG - in 70 AB

Frazier: .250, 3hr, 14rbi - .265OBP, .417 SLG - in 96 AB

With Freese injured they need a 3B. But I can't imagine why the Angels would go after Ramirez instead of trading for Todd Frazier

Cause it would be cheaper to trade for A-Ram and Look at their stats the last 28 days

Fortunately for their teams, MLB GM's wouldn't dare put that much emphasis on small sample stats like that. The chances are extremely remote that Ramirez will out-produce Frazier the rest of the year.

Widen those stats out a little: Frazier has 26 HR's and a 144 OPS+ this year. 129 OPS+ and .502 SLG in the last 250 games (2014 & 2015 combined)

Ramirez has 11 HR's and a 96 OPS+ this year. 104 OPS+ and a .428 SLG in the last 214 games (2014 & 2015 combined)

They are not even remotely comparable, and that isn't even taking into account durability & defensive issues

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Fortunately for their teams, MLB GM's wouldn't dare put that much emphasis on small sample stats like that. The chances are extremely remote that Ramirez will out-produce Frazier the rest of the year.

Widen those stats out a little: Frazier has 26 HR's and a 144 OPS+ this year. 129 OPS+ and .502 SLG in the last 250 games (2014 & 2015 combined)

Ramirez has 11 HR's and a 96 OPS+ this year. 104 OPS+ and a .428 SLG in the last 214 games (2014 & 2015 combined)

They are not even remotely comparable, and that isn't even taking into account durability & defensive issues

Neither is the cost for each...That's my point. Freese will be back this yr, so why not get a short term replacement.

Frazier has gone @Pit, @NYM, MIN, (MIL), @WAS, @MIA, CLE, CHN - tough stretch of right-handed pitching as well as tougher parks to homer in on the road.

Aramis hit a bomb in Colorado, hit Trevor May, destroyed the Phillies (to be fair, Hamels started one game), crushed the Reds, and hit Jeff Locke.

Aramis has probably hit his stride for the 2nd half like he used to do a lot with the Cubs - that said - he's crushing a bunch of bad pitching in hitters parks.

If you put together a list of who he has hit hard lately, most aren't even in an MLB rotation anymore.

I'm not against a trade - I just wonder if MLB GMs are smarter than daily fantasy players/gamblers that realize that guys like Aramis can hit if they are facing the corpse of Chad Billingsley in a good park. I'd definitely try to sell a GM on his recent numbers regardless and somebody may bite for sure.

You would trade for Ramirez instead of Frazier because most importantly Frazier is not going to be available. If we pretend he was the reason to go after Ramirez is due to the fact he will cost little in the prospect department while Frazier will require a dump truck load.

Archived