Brewer Fanatic

Jeff Levering

After listening to him on the Brewers radio broadcast the past two games, I have to say that I am impressed. While no one will replace Uecker when he hangs it up, Levering has the potential to be better than what Joe Block is based on the first two games. Given a season or two, Levering may be the heir apparent to Bob Uecker rather than Block.

I've been on the Joe Block bandwagon since he came to Milwaukee, and my impression of Jeff Levering for these last two games has been positive too. Jeff in particular sounds less new (I don't know how better to phrase that). I was especially happy for him that the three-consecutive-dingers last name came during one of his innings.

Jeff also has been hosting a podcast called Brewers On Tap - which has probably been mentioned on the forum already, but since this is a Levering thread, I'll include its link here: http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/fan_forum/podcasts/index.jsp?c_id=mil

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

FWIW, I think Block has gotten better, though he is MUCH better with a partner in the booth, rather than being a solo act.

This. So much this. It's gotta be tough for a guy who does things one way for years to suddenly have to be doing solo broadcasts. There's a reason no one does that anymore.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I noticed during one of the games a week or so ago that Uecker was jumping in a lot more during his off innings then usual. I think it might have been the game they got locked in the booth. It was good stuff, I certainly wouldn't mind more of that going forward. My recollection over the years is that Ueck's best stuff usually happen late in games where he'd pulled in Pat Hughes or Jim during their off innings.

Someone mentioned this in the Sheets thread but I thought if him a while back as potential media guy if he's interested. If he still has young kids he's probably not interested though. I think it could work putting Benny on TV in the Rock role and then moving Rock over to Uecker's spot on the radio. Not sure if Rock would view that as a demotion after so many years of good work but I think he's more cutout for radio than sheeter.

Archived