Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-20 Brewers (Lohse) at Tigers (Greene), 6:08 PM CDT (Brewers lose, 5-2)

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 20 | 6:08 P.M.[/h1][h2]Crew (15-25) | Tigers (23-17)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://i.imgur.com/yWisBsi.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/RaGEuyW.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/wo7Uayh.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Kyle Lohse[/pitcher][h2]3-4, 5.85 ERA, 1.20 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Tigers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lohse carried a 7.03 ERA into the Brewers' road trip and lowered it to 5.85 with eight outstanding innings against the Mets. By Bill James' "game score," it was one of the eight best outings of Lohse's career.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Shane Greene[/pitcher][h2]4-2, 4.21 ERA, 1.21 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Greene pitched five scoreless innings against the Cardinals on Friday before having to leave early with mild ulnar tendinitis. Greene underwent an MRI on Saturday that came back clean. He has given up one run on his past 13 innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Carlos Gomez ®
  2. RF Gerardo Parra (L)
  3. DH Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. 3B Aramis Ramirez ®
  6. LF Khris Davis ®
  7. SS Luis Sardinas (S)
  8. 2B Elian Herrera (S)
  9. C Martin Maldonado ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Anthony Gose (L)
  2. 2B Ian Kinsler ®
  3. 1B Miguel Cabrera ®
  4. RF J.D. Martinez ®
  5. LF Yoenis Cespedes ®
  6. DH Tyler Collins (L)
  7. 3B Nick Castellanos ®
  8. C James McCann ®
  9. SS Jose Iglesias ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Lohse rolling into Brewers' sweep bid in Detroit

By Alejandro Zúñiga / MLB.com | 5/19/2015 10:50 PM ET

Right-hander Shane Greene and the Tigers host veteran Kyle Lohse and the Brewers on Wednesday night at Comerica Park in the finale of an Interleague series, with Milwaukee seeking its first three-game sweep of the season.

Lohse (3-4, 5.85 ERA) tossed his best game of the season Friday, when he limited the Mets to two hits over eight shutout innings. Looking for his third straight win, Lohse will face a Detroit lineup that's missing star designated hitter Victor Martinez, who on Tuesday was placed on the 15-day disabled list with left knee inflammation.

Greene (4-2, 4.21 ERA) will be making his first appearance since being pulled from Friday's game against the Cardinals with mild nerve inflammation in his right elbow. The 26-year-old hasn't felt any tingling or discomfort since, though, and said Monday he's "relieved" to be healthy.

Things to know for this game

• With Victor Martinez on the disabled list, J.D. Martinez and Yoenis Cespedes will bat fourth and fifth, respectively, for the foreseeable future, according to Tigers manager Brad Ausmus.

"There's not many people that can protect [Miguel Cabrera], but I think J.D.'s our best option," Ausmus said. "I like 'Cespy' being able to clear the deck, so to speak."

• Both teams could use their third different designated hitter of the series. The Brewers had Aramis Ramirez in the slot on Monday and Ryan Braun on Tuesday, while the Tigers replaced Victor Martinez with Tyler Collins for Game 2.

• With an RBI single in the first inning on Tuesday, J.D. Martinez extended his hitting streak to 10 games. The longest such streak of his career lasted 14 games last year.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Another homer by Braun!

Come on boys lets sweep this

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Just saw Braun's homer. Methinks his thumb is feeling ok.

Hope he can do it tomorrow when I'm at the game! Last day of school for my kids, so celebrating with a well-timed Brewers game in Atlanta.

Community Moderator
Watching Carlos Gomez get plunked with another scary HBP makes me cringe. He could prove to be a valuable trade asset this season, but not if he spends significant time on the DL. Glad to see he once again appears okay.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

How does Sardiñas not score on that? Dang it.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Braun with a home run and two walks tonight. I love how he's drawing more walks.

Let's win this, Brewers, and take the sweep! Tied 2-2, we can do this!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

How does Sardiñas not score on that? Dang it.

Counsell. LEARN!!!!

Braxton's days of being a late inning guy are over. Stop repeating this BS.

Thanks, Broxton. Another great move by Doug Melvin.

"Paging Mark A. Paging Mark A. "The problem" is still in Milwaukee. "The Problem" is STILL in Milwaukee."

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Did anyone really have any doubt when Broxton loaded the bases with 2 out that he would blow it?

None. I could have been up there, and would have at least drawn a walk.

Enough is enough. Get us a real General Manager, Mark. I'm tired of Doug Melvin's worthless bleep.

Here's a noble idea. Maybe try Jeffress out as the setup guy? His stuff is pretty nasty, and he can't be worse than Broxton.

But I know. In Milwaukee, we have a setup guy, and a closer. And we don't ever ever ever deviate from that course. Perhaps that inability to make changes until it's beyond too late explains why our franchise has never won the World Series.

How many more years of my life will be wasted by Doug Melvin's incompetence?

The correct move for Counsell to make on Broxton is to only pitch him 6th inning or earlier and in Extra innings when the Brewers are down by five runs or more.

Broxton now has a career 6.66ERA as a Brewer. Such a great 9mil+ pickup

There. Fixed that for you. :)

Broxton seems afraid to throw his slider. At least, throw it for a strike. He needs to have confidence in it so that hitters don't sit on his fastball. He might be overthrowing the slider; in the at-bat to Castellanos the one slider he threw was at 91mph. Is the slider going to do anything when it is thrown that hard? Broxton might be overthrowing, and simply trying to do too much.

Take a couple of mph off the slider and throw it for strikes.

Yeah Stache, I didn't mean being the first option in Extra innings, more like pitching in the 13th inning or later when there's nobody left.

If my math is correct for Broxton to return to a 4ERA pitcher for Milwaukee, he now has to pitch 17 straight scoreless innings.

What a God Awful deal Melvin made.

Let's be honest. It'll likely take that 17innings scoreless streak now til the deadline+2mil from Milwaukee just to get a Barrett Astin return type of prospect.

Milwaukee should just waive him completely. Knebel and Blazek have arrived.

Archived