Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-18 Brewers (Fiers) at Tigers (Lobstein), 6:08 PM CT (Brewers win, 3-2)

hawing

6:08 PM for the first pitch. I'm sure that means Detroit is sending a secret shoutout to south central/southwest Wisconsin (i.e. the 608).

Anyway - the Brewers' second interleague series of the season, and first on the road.

Brewers:

CF Carlos Gomez ®

LF Khris Davis ®

RF Ryan Braun ®

DH Aramis Ramirez ®

1B Jason Rogers ®

3B Elian Herrera (S)

SS Luis Sardinas (S)

2B Hector Gomez ®

C Martin Maldonado ®

RHP Mike Fiers ®

Tigers:

CF Anthony Gose (L)

2B Ian Kinsler ®

1B Miguel Cabrera ®

DH Victor Martinez (S)

RF J.D. Martinez ®

LF Rajai Davis ®

3B Nick Castellanos ®

C James McCann ®

SS Jose Iglesias ®

LHP Kyle Lobstein (L)

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

That is one seriously ugly lineup. And I say that as a Counsell fan, realizing he has few options. Wow

Looks like a Spring Training split squad lineup.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

over/under on Miggy HRs? 2?

As to the lineup. Don't know what else you'd put out there. It's a Lefty SP. No Segura/no more Gennett. Herrera is the 3b. I guess you'd maybe just let Lind hit and give Ramirez the day off with Rogers batting DH? But what are you paying Ramirez his salary for? To hit.

over/under on Miggy HRs? 2?

As to the lineup. Don't know what else you'd put out there. It's a Lefty SP. No Segura/no more Gennett. Herrera is the 3b. I guess you'd maybe just let Lind hit and give Ramirez the day off with Rogers batting DH? But what are you paying Ramirez his salary for? To hit.

Completely agree. But still ugly.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I simply can no longer stomach the tv broadcast Potawatomi commercials any longer...

My gosh, are they the brewers only tv sponsor?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I simply can no longer stomach the tv broadcast Potawatomi commercials any longer...

That Marshfield Clinic commercial with the two kids in the library is far worse than anything Potawatomi has done.

That Marshfield Clinic commercial with the two kids in the library is far worse than anything Potawatomi has done.

That one just doesn't bother me too much, the Potowatomi one think they have hot chicks in their commercial (what is up with the chick in the 80's red jumpsuit?), they do not, and the music is just god awful... I can't hit mute fast enough when I see it come on...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Our pitchers have the baseball IQ of like 50...they do not know how to even slightly keep runners honest. I wonder if they even care...are they told just to pitch?

Wow adding to the lack of baseball IQ...what a dumb throw.

Glad Broxton got out of it. Nice to see he can still throw it hard if he wants to. Unsure why he doesn't do that more often.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nice to see Broxton climbing the ladder at 97 and 98. Hopefully we can see that consistently for another two months so maybe the Brewers can get something for him besides a little salary relief.

If Herrera doesn't bobble that grounder or if Gomez makes a good throw to 1B (or if Kinsler gets called for interference), Fiers gets out of the 6th with a quality start and only two earned. While he wasn't striking guys out, I can only recall one or two hard-hit balls by the Tigers all game (the leadoff single in the first; Cabrera's triple was a soft line drive that if Gomez is playing two feet further to his left gets caught - or if Gomez doesn't dive, is just a single). Fiers gave up 34 foul balls, more than the entire Tigers pitching staff. Seems like he has been giving up a ton of foul balls.

Hopefully we can win another one in Det and win a nice road series.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived