Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-17 Brewers (Peralta) at Mets (Syndergaard), 12:10 PM CDT

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 17 | 12:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (13-24) | Mets (21-16)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/mets.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/rynbR3D.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/5dSE4vP.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]1-4, 3.80 ERA, 1.38 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Mets | Game Log[/h3][h3]Peralta is coming off an odd outing in which he threw 46 pitches and didn't allow a ball out of the infield through four innings, then struggled through a 38-pitch fifth. He escaped with a lead to win a second straight start.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Noah Syndergaard[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 5.06 ERA, 1.88 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Quite strong over the first five innings of his big league debut Tuesday, Syndergaard caved for three runs in the sixth during a loss to the Cubs. He'll make his Citi Field debut Sunday against the Brewers looking for his first career win.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Carlos Gomez
  2. LF Khris Davis
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Adam Lind
  5. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett
  7. C Juan Centeno
  8. RHP Wily Peralta ®
  9. SS Luis Sardinas

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Curtis Granderson
  2. 3B Eric Campbell
  3. 1B Lucas Duda
  4. LF Michael Cuddyer
  5. 2B Daniel Murphy
  6. SS Wilmer Flores
  7. C Johnny Monell
  8. RHP Noah Syndergaard (L)
  9. CF Juan Lagares

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Syndergaard set to make home debut against Crew

By Adam McCalvy / MLB.com | 5/16/2015 9:25 PM ET

Citi Field will be buzzing Sunday afternoon when the latest promising Mets pitching prospect makes his home debut.

Noah Syndergaard will work opposite Milwaukee's Wily Peralta as the Mets and Brewers finish a three-game series. It's Syndergaard's second big league start; the 6-foot-6 right-hander lost his debut last week at Wrigley Field.

"A couple of weeks ago -- when I still had possession of my Twitter -- I saw reporters tweeting about the electricity and atmosphere at Citi Field," said Syndergaard, whose agent subsequently took control of his social media. "It's been something I've wanted to experience since that point. I'm looking forward to stepping on that mound."

He's actually taken the mound before, as a Mets prospect in the 2013 All-Star Futures Game. This appearance will be different, and Syndergaard said he would build on lessons learned during a 5 1/3-inning, three-run outing against the Cubs in which all three runs scored in the sixth inning. The Mets lost, 6-1.

"That was pretty awesome having my debut at Wrigley," he said. "There is a lot of history at that field. People keep telling me it's still the same game, but you don't really believe that until you step on the field. When I stepped on the field at Wrigley, that's when the nerves started letting up and I started focusing on pitching."

Next, he'll step on the mound in front of friendly fans. Chalk it up as another in a series of experiences for a pitcher who won't turn 23 until the final week of August.

"It's a little different atmosphere than being in the Futures Game," Syndergaard said. "But just getting out there and pitching in front of these fans is going to be an unbelievable experience."

Things to know for this game

• After posting a 5.68 ERA and allowing a .324 batting average against in his first three outings this season, Peralta has delivered four consecutive quality starts with a 2.42 ERA and a .286 average against.

• Peralta has had success against the Mets. He's 3-0 with a 1.35 ERA in three career starts against them, including two wins and a 2.45 ERA last season.

• Mets first baseman Lucas Duda has hit all three of his home runs in day games.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Peralta gives up a lead off bomb to Granderson.......Brewers on pace to set a record for home runs allowed.......its almost like our pitchers are throwing batting practice up there....if it wasn't so sad it would be funny........

Oh yay, Hector Gomez sitting again for Scooter. No point at adding a lefty to the lineup that can't hit.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Syndegaard has made the Brewers look silly through 4 innings so far. Doesn't seem that long ago that we used to pound fastballs. The eye test tells me he's better than Nelson and Peralta.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Syndegaard has made the Brewers look silly through 4 innings so far. Doesn't seem that long ago that we used to pound fastballs. The eye test tells me he's better than Nelson and Peralta.

I would hope one of the best pitching prospects and a guy regarded as a future ace would look better than Peralta/Nelson.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Mets got Syndergaard after his A ball season in the Dickey trade. He was ranked 54th by BA at that point. That's the kind of trade we need to look at if we trade Gomez or Lucroy. Teams are so reluctant to give up top guys who are close to the majors. Sure it's a risk, but the upside is worth it.

Gennett was damn lucky he got to see another pitch in that at bat because Thor threw a perfect curveball right down the middle and just above the knees that completely fooled him.

Ok it might not be Rick Kranitz fault but his butt needs to be fired as well. It seems as though our pitchers continue to get worse, not better.

We'll see how Counsell attacks these types of situations. Hopefully Gomez is okay.

The shine on Davis has wore off on me. He had a nice run. Time to find a OF that can do more than try to hit home runs. Just play Parra.

Please take Gomez out. Whether he passes the concussion test or not, just take him out.

It was nice to see no discussion from Counsell. Just you're out and that's that.

That's one hell of an at bat for Braun. Wow. Good to see

What? Was the fly ball really that short Parra couldn't tag up? I mean would the OF really throw home vs just giving up the run and still keeping a 5-2 lead?

It was hit about 200 feet...

Here we go 3 outs away for no-hitter if you're not tuned in. Bottom of the order to face.

On the Brewers HR giving ways. Could the Catcher's be part of the problem with being too predictable on their pitch calling? Sans Lucroy?

You know it is possible and I have though of it. Also I think Peralta always faired pretty well with Maldonado catching him so maybe not a coincidence he has been maybe our best pitcher so far.

I don't know though I feel like it has been so noticeably bad it has to be much more than the catcher. Not to mention the pitchers aren't hitting their spots leaving balls up which isn't the catchers fault. Maldonado may just be a small piece of the equation.

Archived