Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-15 Brewers (Lohse) at Mets (Colón), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-0]

TooLiveBrew
On MLBN they were just going off about how Lohse should have gotten to the chance try the 9th at 107 pitches. I could only follow the game online so I have no eye test on this one. I generally, with my heart, as a baseball fan believe in giving a guy a chance at a shutout if it makes sense. Heck at his age, nothing's a given, that might be Kyle's last shot at one. Obviously I don't want to see somebody get overextended. But that said, CG shutouts are special.

Nice to see two home runs, one to deep left field, and one to the opposite field, from Braunie. This is the best he's looked in a while.

In the last 17 games, he's hitting .283, has scored 17 runs, hit 2 doubles and 7 home runs, 17 RBI, 3 stolen bases. His slash line is .377/.667/1.044. Those are MVP numbers.

Also, a really nice effort from Lohse. I'd love to see some more consistency from this team. But our best player is playing like he did for the first six years of his career, and I am very happy!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Scooter needs a 2 month stint at Colorado Springs. Maldonado sucks but plays good defense. Makes you appreciate Lucroy a little more.

The Sky Sox have been playing Matt Long at 2b. I imagine he might be in line to get a look.

Archived