Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-15 Brewers (Lohse) at Mets (Colón), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-0]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]May 15 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (12-23) | Mets (20-15)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/mets.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/SpMicI0.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/UC2EhVN.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Kyle Lohse[/pitcher][h2]2-4, 7.03 ERA, 1.36 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Mets | Game Log[/h3][h3]Kyle Lohse hasn't had an ERA like this -- 7.03 after 106-pitch, five-inning, four run slog against the Cubs on Saturday -- since 2010, when he had the right forearm surgery that would revive his career.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Bartolo Colón[/pitcher][h2]6-1, 3.30 ERA, 0.99 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Can anything stop Colon at age 41? Last week, he beat the Phillies despite giving up four runs over six innings in his worst start of the year. Colon will pitch twice more before his 42nd birthday -- not that age has done anything to slow him yet.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Carlos Gomez ®
  2. LF Gerardo Parra (L)
  3. RF Ryan Braun ®
  4. 1B Adam Lind (L)
  5. 3B Aramis Ramirez ®
  6. 2B Scooter Gennett (L)
  7. C Martin Maldonado ®
  8. RHP Kyle Lohse ®
  9. SS Hector Gomez ®

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. RF Curtis Granderson (L)
  2. CF Juan Lagares ®
  3. 1B Lucas Duda (L)
  4. LF Michael Cuddyer ®
  5. 3B Daniel Murphy (L)
  6. SS Wilmer Flores ®
  7. C Johnny Monell (L)
  8. 2B Ruben Tejada ®
  9. RHP Bartolo Colón ®

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Colon opens weekend set against Counsell's Brewers

By Brandon Curry / MLB.com | 5/13/2015 9:06 PM ET

Brewers manager Craig Counsell has yet to experience leading his team on the road. Friday's series opener against the Mets at Citi Field will serve as his first opportunity.

Counsell, who was named to the position on May 4, admitted he's had little time to think about managing away from Miller Park. However, the location intrigues him.

"I love going to New York," Counsell said. "It's a big-game atmosphere every game. It's a fun place to go."

While heading to New York might sound fun to Counsell, his Brewers haven't enjoyed their time away from home. Milwaukee is 4-8 on the road this season and has dropped three of its four road series.

It won't get any easier against the Mets, as Bartolo Colon is set to take the mound for New York. The 41-year-old has won six of his seven starts in 2015 and is tied for the Major League lead in wins. He hasn't walked a batter since his April 6 start against the Nationals.

Colon will be opposed by Brewers right-hander Kyle Lohse. Lohse's ERA (7.03) hasn't been this high since 2010, when he had right forearm surgery that revived his career.

Things to know about the game

• Colon is 3-1 with a 3.97 ERA in six career starts against the Brewers -- the last coming in 2013 while with the Athletics. He allowed just one run over seven innings in a 6-1 victory.

• Lohse, who has managed just one quality start in 2015, is 0-2 with a 4.03 ERA in four career starts at Citi Field.

• Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez is hopeful he can play on Friday against the Mets after missing six straight games because of back stiffness.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

bartolo-colon-second-swing-against-ervin-santana.gif

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/Colonjiggle040914.gif

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--E4KrahUp--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/789812449644415267.gif

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Fattest players of all-time

[pre]Rk Player Wt From Pos Tm

1 Walter Young 320 2005 /*3HD BAL

2 Jonathan Broxton 305 2005 *1 LAD-CIN-KCR-MIL

3 Dmitri Young 295 1996 37DH9/5 STL-CIN-DET-WSN

4 Jumbo Brown 295 1925 *1 CHC-CLE-NYY-CIN-NYG

5 Jon Rauch 290 2002 *1 CHW-MON-WSN-ARI-MIN-TOR-NYM-MIA

6 Kennys Vargas 290 2014 /*D3 MIN

7 Bartolo Colon 285 1997 *1 CLE-MON-CHW-ANA-LAA-BOS-NYY-OAK-NYM

8 Adam Dunn 285 2001 *73D9/H1 CIN-ARI-WSN-CHW-OAK

9 CC Sabathia 285 2001 *1/H CLE-MIL-NYY

10 Chad Paronto 285 2001 *1/H BAL-CLE-ATL-HOU

11 Jeff Niemann 285 2008 /*1 TBR

12 Tyler Robertson 285 2012 /*1 MIN[/pre]

Should've flipped Gomez and Gennett. And if anyone gives me that confidence BS line, who cares? He should be lucky to even be in the lineup.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I really like Craig Counsell's lineups, for the most part. I like how he mixes things up and he doesn't really have a lead-off hitter so he has to improvise.

Pitcher hitting 8th? Cool!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Should've flipped Gomez and Gennett. And if anyone gives me that confidence BS line, who cares? He should be lucky to even be in the lineup.

Counsell is very into the r,l,r,l.. batting order.

As he should be. RRR flunked that part of Baseball 101

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Gennett still sucks. Good thing we did that lefty righty thing.

Heck of a catch by Braun.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Scooter 0-4

Maldonado 0-4

Please Doug. Move on from these two. They can come back up when they start actually hitting. Well under .200 now.

Archived