Brewer Fanatic

Segura hitting the DL (5/13); Sardinas from AAA to MLB

torts

Sardinas gives the Brewers the ability to trade Segura while he's apparently in demand, and hold down the fort at SS at the MLB level until Arcia takes over in a year or two. In this regard, he is great for the Brewers: (1) allows a good trading chip to be traded (2) provides "MLB caliber" play during the early stages of the rebuild (3) could prove to be worthy of an extension, or could be traded when more talented prospects reach the MLB level.

I honestly don't think we will take any kind of a step back in going from Segura to Sardinas, so if we can get a good package in trade for Segura I'm all for it. Plus, if Segura demands a good return, then I would think Sardinas could get us a good return in a couple of years when Arcia takes over.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I know Doug loves to trade the bats during the winter, but I agree that Sardinas' value is really letting the Brewers trade Segura while he is established enough to upgrade a contender, but young enough that he is highly valued. Enough so that with having both Rivera and Arcia nearby he might arguable one of your best first trading chips. Get the best guys you can for him and Gomez (different deals) then you take a look at how your talent seems to be lining up. The other players we deal are much less likely to bring in fantastic prospects, so I think it makes more sense to try and use those deals to plug in holes in the minors to build a viable team.

Archived