Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-08 Cubs (Hammel) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-6]

Two takeaways from this game.

1. GREAT to see Davis have a really nice game after showing lots of confidence in interviews yesterday/today.

2. GREAT outing by Nelson. Yah sadly 3 hits went out of the ballpark. Part of that is just bad luck...some days it seems like they smack every one of your mistakes. 11Ks, 1BB, just 5 hits, and 7 solid innings is what is important.

Braun with a double and a homer. Plus two walks. Very nice day for him. Hopefully he can build on that.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Cubs

CF Dexter Fowler

2B Kris Bryant

1B Anthony Rizzo

C Miguel Montero

RF Jorge Soler

SS Starlin Castro

LF Chris Coghlan

P Jason Hammel

2B Addison Russell

Brewers

SS Jean Segura

2B Scooter Gennett

RF Ryan Braun

1B Adam Lind

3B Aramis Ramirez

CF Gerardo Parra

LF Khris Davis

C Martin Maldonado

P Jimmy Nelson

Gomez out again. Did we take him off the DL too early?

Thanks, trwi7. Out of town this weekend, and wasn't around to get the lineups edited into the lead post.

I also won't be able to get IGTs started tomorrow of Sunday, just as a general note to anyone on the forum that is willing to get them posted. I was hoping the other mods could do so, but not sure now.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Gomez says he is just sore from so many games in a row after the DL. Bad luck we did not rest him a game in the middle. He says he could have played. Which makes me sad we do not pinch hit him for Parra. But line ball decision. Parra could have come through. Just not to be, I guess.

To me it is great to play such a decent, fighting game... and lose. If we can play very good, but just lose, it helps management eject the players they should eject, but at the same time have some fun, AND we get the high draft pick. Hooray for tough 7-6 losses.

Archived