Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-07 Dodgers (Frias) at Brewers (Fiers) - 12:40 CDT [Brewers lose, 14-4]

For all the crap we give Davis about his arm, Braun has a pretty bad arm. He'll make an occasional good throw but it's more likely he'll spike a three hopper to the plate than make a good throw.

Ryan Braun may just be worse than Khris Davis defensively. Braun consistently runs horrible routes, while his throws are stronger the accuracy is a joke, and his reaction time is embarrassing. There is really nothing to like about Braun's defense except an occasional highlight reel catch. Then again throw me out there for 162 games and I am sure I can make some cool catches too.

Ryan Braun 2014 dWAR= -1.6

Khris Davis 2014 dWAR= -0.2

You are basing that -1.6 WAR defensively on a position Braun hadn't started everyday in the Majors previously in order to accommodate Davis's lacking arm. Literally a Rookie at that position.

Verified Member
You are basing that -1.6 WAR defensively on a position Braun hadn't started everyday in the Majors previously in order to accommodate Davis's lacking arm. Literally a Rookie at that position.

It's basically the same position. It's not like he had no idea what it was going to be like.

Archived