Brewer Fanatic

Brooks Hall

torts
Verified Member
coming off being Pitcher of the Month for the Brewers, Brooks threw another solid outing for Biloxi, he's now 4-0 with a 1.32 ERA, 29/7 K/BB, and in his last outing threw 67 of 96 pitches for strikes and so far keeping hitters at a .202/.242/.500 triple slash. I really hope he keeps these numbers up, or at least close to them, another quality arm in our system (granted small sample size of the last two years thanks to surgery). Pretty exciting with him, Wagner and Hobbs in AA!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Jorge Lopez as well. Just a real solid hitting and pitching on that team. Regarding Hall, it is nice that the Brewers were able to keep him after removing him from the 40 man, most certainly will have to be added after this season with the season he is having. I guess B. Hall can pitch.

Verified Member
they removed him and no one claimed him because he had just had shoulder surgery, right?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Particularly if we end up stripping down the team, I'd be seriously inclined to look at skipping some of those guys over Colorado Springs. I have very little confidence in pitching there actually helping those guys develop let alone figuring out how to judge when they would be ready.

Hall has been outstanding so far, I was talking him up in spring training because he was dominating each outing. Best part is all these guys are doing this in a pretty neutral league. It's not like they are in a pitchers league like Florida, not to mention they have still never even had a home game yet this season.

Jorge had a couple rough 1s to start the year but has been stellar as of late. It is important to remember his home situation with his son. That's is a tough distraction he face every time out. His son has had a tough life so far and been in and out of hospital in and out of bad/serious condition. Really pulling for him, his body has filled out, arm strength has gotten to where we hoped it would, and he has really grown as a pitcher....long way from being sent down to the DSL a few years ago

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Hall is now listed at 235 lbs. Does anyone know if his fastball has moved up a few ticks on the radar gun now that he has filled out? IIRC, he was around 190 lbs (or less) when drafted and for the first few years of his career.

45 lbs? It better have at least jumped 1mph lol
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It would be excellent to see any player from those miserable 2009-2011 drafts turn into a useful big league piece. Even if just a cheap middle reliever.

However, I'm having a very hard time getting excited about a 25 year old dominating AA.

Better late than never, but Halls situation is nothing like Arcia tearing up AA at age 20.

Archived