Brewer Fanatic

Carlos Quentin Retiring

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Carlos Quentin is retiring due to injuries. Only 32. The guy looked like something special back in 2008 - hit 36 HRs, 100 RBI, .965 OPS. Lots of injuries over his career - never the same as back in 2008.

Well, he made $51M in his career. Not too shabby.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/05/carlos-quentin-in-process-of-retiring.html

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Wow. Can't believe some AL team didn't want him to be their DH.

Basically it's Quentin's decision. Article said the injuries are just preventing him from playing the game. I think he had back issues (but not positive on this) - that can really foul up a person.

Carlos Quentin...I can honestly say I did not pay any attention to him during at all during his entire career.

I would think of 1 time you did. It's the only thing I remember about him. The mound charge vs Greinke that resulted in Zack's collarbone being broken. It certainly was the talk of BFnet when it occured.

Carlos Quentin...I can honestly say I did not pay any attention to him during at all during his entire career.

I would think of 1 time you did. It's the only thing I remember about him. The mound charge vs Greinke that resulted in Zack's collarbone being broken. It certainly was the talk of BFnet when it occured.

Oh man, I'd completely forgotten about that one. You're right; I do remember that one.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived