Brewer Fanatic

2015-05-01 Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Lester), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose. 1-0]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No idea what Rizzo's thinking trying to steal there.

Me neither. As Maldonado was throwing the ball, I figured as long as the throw was even OK that Rizzo would be dead meat.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Not much can send your heart sinking than hearing things like Matt LePay saying, "Hector Gomez trying to get something going."

Three of our hitters have been in the minors this year, or could easily be in the minors at this moment (Gomez, Jimenez, Rogers). Two are back ups (Maldonado and Parra). Brutal lineup.

Game comes down to small call. Braun can't put it in play with a runner at 3B and one out. What a shame
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Gomez back tomorrow. Slide Parra to LF for the even stinker Davis.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Game comes down to small call. Braun can't put it in play with a runner at 3B and one out. What a shame

Yep. That was my 'sigh' post earlier. Although another 10 feet and Braun has an HR.

This team's inability to take a walk is crippling.

Yep. That was my 'sigh' post earlier. Although another 10 feet and Braun has an HR.

At times it truly feels as if they do not want to. 3-1 count, better swing wherever it is. Can't stand that approach.

At times it truly feels as if they do not want to. 3-1 count, better swing wherever it is. Can't stand that approach.

i feel your pain.

I've seen enough on Rogers. He needs more at bats. I don't care where or what his defense is like. He can hit.

Guys like Davis, Scooter ect. can go bye bye to the minors.

Verified Member

Is it bad that I don't mind and actually sort of prefer seeing the Brewers lose right now?

I just don't want this team to climb to like 5 games under .500 and within what Attanasio and Melvin consider "striking distance" of the wildcard even though it's not and just keep the status quo.

It isn't bad, it makes some sense. However, in a bad season it sure would be nice to have at least one thing to hang your hat on. For me, if i got to have my choice of one silver lining on a season like this, I'd like that silver lining to be Milwaukee handing the Cubs' hind ends to them.

Brewers offense back to normal after the strange day on Weds when they actually scored runs........

Big difference. Facing a AAA Pitcher first appearance call-up and Facing a Team's Ace.

Which btw, I feel like the Brewers are facing a team's ace in every series, which would mean seeing a lot of #2s too. Not to defend them or anything, they are ML players and should be able to hit ML pitching.

Feel bad for Peralta after last season he's now 0-4 to begin this season...Do we have the Jeff Samardzija of a few seasons ago brewing?

Lester hasn't been pitching like an ace this year. He had 4 starts before this 1 and in each game the other team managed to get at least 3 runs off of him in 6 innings or less.

Brewer batters are the cure for every struggling pitcher.

My only thought about this game as I was following along on Gameday was how envious I am of the Cubs' position, they are essentially where we were in 2006 except they can afford to buy impact pitching in FA. For all the talk about prospects failing around here over the years that's as talented a young line-up as we'll see in the division, and that's without Schwarber who's tearing up AA as was expected.

It bothers me that I'm jealous of the Cubs given how much I despise their entire fan culture and "lovable loser" garbage.

Swap out Fowler for one of Baez or Alcántara, and Schwarber for Coghlan or Ross and that's as an impressive line-up you'll find in baseball from a raw talent perspective.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived