Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thursday 4/30

Mass Haas
Johnny Davis' being out will put a burden on Omar Garcia. I don't see Victor Roache or Clint Coulter playing CF. The other outfielder, Jose Pena, I don't believe has ever played CF either. Have to look at it as an opportunity for Omar, I guess.
That's an interesting observation. The Brewers have no great options for CF other than Garcia in Brevard. They obviously aren't going to bump up Harrison, and Diaz is hurt along with Davis. Maybe Mitch Meyer goes to Brevard as an emergency CFer, with Carlos Belonis going to Appleton? Francisco Castillo used to play CF - maybe him?

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Johnny Davis' being out will put a burden on Omar Garcia. I don't see Victor Roache or Clint Coulter playing CF. The other outfielder, Jose Pena, I don't believe has ever played CF either. Have to look at it as an opportunity for Omar, I guess.
That's an interesting observation. The Brewers have no great options for CF other than Garcia in Brevard. They obviously aren't going to bump up Harrison, and Diaz is hurt along with Davis. Maybe Mitch Meyer goes to Brevard as an emergency CFer, with Carlos Belonis going to Appleton? Francisco Castillo used to play CF - maybe him?

It's situations like this where an independent league signing would make sense. Bring in somebody to fill a gap, potentially (remotely) super-impress, but more importantly, hold down a spot that prevents the organization from rushing a legitimate prospect who may be hurt by being rushed.

The Atlantic League is underway, but that tends to be more experienced players. Other leagues start play in mid-to-late May, but camps are open, and these situations often resolve via a few phone calls / trusted counterpart conversations.

Archived