Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-29 Brewers (Garza) at Reds (Lorenzen), 11:35 AM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3; Braun w/2 HRs, including GS]

hawing
TRADE HIM!@

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this is a start of a lot of Brewers "fans" eating their words on whether or not Braun is going to hit.

Nice job Braunie. Keep it up!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jimenez looks pretty bad. Long swing, mediocre bat speed. Not to mention he hardly has ever walked in his career.

I haven't seen him much, so maybe I just caught a few bad ABs.

I agree. If he didn't play such good defense he wouldn't be around.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Without looking back, I assume the Cubs and Stros' didnt start the season at 4-18 and become 10 games back of a playoff spot before the end of April.

There are usually 2-4 teams every year that are at least 9 game out of a playoffs spot come May 1st. If the deals were really that much better these kind of early trades would be happening. Clearly it isn't ever worth the extra loses and lost revenue.

I am not sure if the deals are any better, but I was just commenting on why we probably dont see them often. I assume most teams feel they have a chance to compete for a playoff spot until June or July and thats why we dont see them often.

I also wouldn't say it 'clearly isnt worth the revenue.' I am not sure there have been enough of these types of trades to judge if it's worth it or not. I am sure they will probably just let teams know that guys are available.

Maybe most teams wait to make trades because they dont want to risk losing prospects and then have their own guys get hurt/fall of the map. These crummy teams may be trying to shop guys but other teams arent sure if they are truly in the playoff chase or not. I am not sure of the reason, but I was just trying to point out why it may not happen.

Awesome to see Braun take one to left. The whole team's offense would be so much better with him close to his old self in the middle of the lineup. Segura and Lind have been solid all year. It would at least make the games watchable and have a fighting shot, with the nba playoffs I've had options to not have to watch all these beatdowns.

Without looking back, I assume the Cubs and Stros' didnt start the season at 4-18 and become 10 games back of a playoff spot before the end of April.

There are usually 2-4 teams every year that are at least 9 game out of a playoffs spot come May 1st. If the deals were really that much better these kind of early trades would be happening. Clearly it isn't ever worth the extra loses and lost revenue.

I am not sure if the deals are any better, but I was just commenting on why we probably dont see them often. I assume most teams feel they have a chance to compete for a playoff spot until June or July and thats why we dont see them often.

I also wouldn't say it 'clearly isnt worth the revenue.' I am not sure there have been enough of these types of trades to judge if it's worth it or not. I am sure they will probably just let teams know that guys are available.

Maybe most teams wait to make trades because they dont want to risk losing prospects and then have their own guys get hurt/fall of the map. These crummy teams may be trying to shop guys but other teams arent sure if they are truly in the playoff chase or not. I am not sure of the reason, but I was just trying to point out why it may not happen.

You also have the problem with the buyers end. When it comes to rentals do you really want to trade for one just because of a hot start? What if you end up flopping the next month?...whoops.

Really? 9games out of the playoff by May 1.... You may want to check your claim. As of right now in the AL Cleveland with 6 wins is 7.5Games out of best record in that League.

Phi and Wash are just 6games out of best record in the NL. Milw is the only team right now that if more than 8games from having best record in the NL much less from a Playoffs spot.

My claim is accurate...

I went back 3 or 4 years and found at least multiple teams that were 9+ games out.

Out of the playoffs? Not the division correct? It's 23games? In to a season. It requires 5 teams to have 9more wins than the two-4 worst record having teams at May 1st. The Brewers winning today wouldn't qualify even at 5wins. They began the day 8.5games behind the last playoff spot.

I would love the chart showing your claim being true. I think you're looking at out of the division and not wild card.

It nice to see Braun find his HR swing need that to continue.

I was correct about the Brewers against a new call up pitcher we were either going to get NO Hit or woop up on the Kid. Also the Brewers continue their run of losing two and winning the final set. I will be curious how they do against the hot cubs.

You also have the problem with the buyers end. When it comes to rentals do you really want to trade for one just because of a hot start? What if you end up flopping the next month?...whoops.

I agree and mentioned this slightly in my last few sentences above.

Out of the playoffs? Not the division correct? It's 23games? In to a season. It requires 5 teams to have 9more wins than the two-4 worst record having teams at May 1st. The Brewers winning today wouldn't qualify even at 5wins. They began the day 8.5games behind the last playoff spot.

I would love the chart showing your claim being true. I think you're looking at out of the division and not wild card.

If my eyes don't deceive me, we're 7.0 games back of a wild card spot right now. That is playing the absolute most horse crap garbage type of baseball known to mankind. If anyone really thinks we're going to sell players in the beginning of May back 7-7.5 games they're out of their minds..Doug and Mark have at least 1 more month to see how it unfolds before making a decision on the rest of the season.

If the Brewers go ~17-5 (they can do it with the streakiness of their bats, there is two sides to the coin) in the month of May they enter June at .500. Currently the Wild Cards are playing .500 ball.

There won't be ANY selling of anybodies until at least June IMO, unless Doug and MA really decide to implode it regardless.

Segura I think is 0 for his last 9. But I am not sure how he has 'looked'. But went from .330 to .270 in a hurry.

I really would like them to trade him ASAP. I dont think he will be a future all star. He will be an average MLB shortstop. I think we have three of those at least behind him with no service time.

Thanks for Jimenez comments. He needs to play a bit to see if he can bat. But if he LOOKS really bad, well... he wont be able to bat. So he must go. I had high hopes for him. But we gotta play some young guys to find out who will be useful in 2017 - 2019. This year and 2016 are going to suck. So we need to suck young and suck cheap. And we have these two year to really work out who can play. We must find a couple or three all stars, somehow, somewhere.

Now if Braun actually returned to over 850 ops, then great.

Honestly, I hope Doug and Mark are not treading water to 'see' what will happen. Gallardo trade was very, very good. We need three or four of those ASAP. HOPE for the future covers losses. If we lose with old, washed up... or soon to be gone guys... well that is STUPID.

Why is Bill talking about Garza having a great start again when he is still pitching?...could we wait for him to get out of the inning first?

I thought yesterday's performance by Garza was one of his better ones in a while.

Archived