Brewer Fanatic

Trade with the Mets

People do realize that an injured MLB player cannot be a PTBNL correct? I have no problem with idea of acquiring Wheeler but it would have to be an off season move.

I believe a player who is injured would have to be approved by the MLB commissioner for it to be legal but the player can not be a player to be named later.

Plus I think Wheeler is accruing service time on the DL.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People do realize that an injured MLB player cannot be a PTBNL correct? I have no problem with idea of acquiring Wheeler but it would have to be an off season move.

You CAN trade players on the Disabled List.

8. In most cases a player on a disabled list can be traded, even if the player is not eligible to be reinstated and/or healthy enough to play. The one exception is if Trade Assignment Waivers must be secured before the player can be traded. In that case (only), the player must be eligible to be reinstated from the Disabled List AND healthy enough to play before the player can be placed on waivers. Otherwise the disabled player would have to remain a "Player to Be Named Later" until either the player is eligible to be reinstated from the Disabled List AND healthy enough to play such that Trade Assignment Waivers can be secured, or until the conclusion of the MLB regular season (if Trade Assignment Waivers are not secured).

http://www.thecubreporter.com/book/export/html/3506

@WiscoSportsNut

Several Mets fans/insiders are stating on twitter than the Mets were very close to a deal for Parra last night and that the trade talks broke down at the last second....Conforto was called up after the trade broke down ....pure conjecture on my part, but I think the trade was for D'arnaud, their injured catcher, which would lead then to a Luc trade

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Several Mets fans/insiders are stating on twitter than the Mets were very close to a deal for Parra last night and that the trade talks broke down at the last second....Conforto was called up after the trade broke down ....pure conjecture on my part, but I think the trade was for D'arnaud, their injured catcher, which would lead then to a Luc trade

D'arnaud would have been a nice pick up for Parra. Some power, takes his share of walks, controlled through 2020. I believe he's supposed to be solid defensively - but that's just going by my spotty memory. Obviously, you have to feel he's going to recover 100% from the elbow injury.

From the few sources I saw they said the Mets were pushing for a Parra trade...not necessarily close to one.

That being said I highly doubt the Mets would trade him...or even consider it. They are a struggling offense with horrible production from their catcher. Why would they trade someone a week away from returning? Any value Parra adds is taken away by trading D'arnaud. I see no improvement and maybe even negative improvement.

d'Arnaud is way way too much for Parra. Best case (along those lines) would be if we could pry Kevin Plawecki away from them instead.

Maybe not, he is a huge injury risk.

No he is way too much. Injuries or not he is way too much. He was average in his first taste of the bigs and was doing VERY well to start off the year. High ceiling and controllable for many years at a premium position.

Maybe you could get him for Gomez...but even then I wouldn't trade him if I was the Mets.

d'Arnaud is way way too much for Parra. Best case (along those lines) would be if we could pry Kevin Plawecki away from them instead.

Maybe not, he is a huge injury risk.

No he is way too much. Injuries or not he is way too much. He was average in his first taste of the bigs and was doing VERY well to start off the year. High ceiling and controllable for many years at a premium position.

Maybe you could get him for Gomez...but even then I wouldn't trade him if I was the Mets.

Talent wise of course, I've had d'Arnaud on my dynasty fantasy team since 2009., so I've been following his career closely, But he has played only 1 full season since 2009. Broken foot, broken thumb, ucl tear etc.

Not enough. Matz for Gomez or find another team. Not like he's hard to trade.

Maybe Matz for Lucroy. Using that thinking we will be searching forever and end up with a comp pick.

Wheeler would be an legit center piece to a Gomez trade(depending on his medicals looking fine), but would take some other pieces. Probably some promising guys in the lower minors.

How about Wheeler for Gomez?

Plus a few pieces in the low minors sounds good.

It sounds like the Mets are willing to move some AA prospects like Brandon Nimmo, Gavin Cecchini and Michael Fulmer. All three of em were former first round or comp picks.

@WiscoSportsNut

on ESPN for their trade deadline special they just mentioned a package of Brandon Nimmo, Dominic Smith, and Juan Lagares for Gomez. Nimmo is the big name and Smith is a good 1B prospect. Lagares is a good defender (CF) but hasn't hit in big leagues.

on ESPN for their trade deadline special they just mentioned a package of Brandon Nimmo, Dominic Smith, and Juan Lagares for Gomez. Nimmo is the big name and Smith is a good 1B prospect. Lagares is a good defender (CF) but hasn't hit in big leagues.

Yuck!!!!!!!!

I would be very disappointed if that's what we get from Gomez. Very disappointed.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

He also mentioned Rafael Montero as a part of the package then brought up how teams have been asking about Zack Wheeler. I'd only take Lagares as a throw in but the other 3 parts are fine. Milwaukee would need another solid piece like Wheeler or Fulmer to make me do the deal.

@WiscoSportsNut

Archived