Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-27 Brewers (Nelson) at Reds (Marquis), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-6]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 27 | 6:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (4-15) | Reds (8-10)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/Tkjb21x.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/f8H0z2r.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 1.35 ERA, 0.70 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Nelson has been a bright spot for the Brewers, accounting for two of the team's three quality starts after three full turns through the starting rotation. He's coming off an eight-inning no-decision in a duel with Johnny Cueto.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jason Marquis[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 7.20 ERA, 1.73 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Marquis gave up five runs on nine hits in five innings in his last start, but evened his record at 1-1 thanks to an offense that pounded out 16 runs vs the Brewers. He has allowed 21 hits in 15 innings in his three starts, but also has 21 K's.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jean Segura
  2. CF Logan Schafer
  3. RF Gerardo Parra
  4. 1B Adam Lind
  5. LF Khris Davis
  6. 3B Aramis Ramírez
  7. 2B Elián Herrera
  8. C Martín Maldonado
  9. RHP Jimmy Nelson

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Billy Hamilton
  2. SS Zack Cozart
  3. 1B Joey Votto
  4. 3B Todd Frazier
  5. RF Jay Bruce
  6. 2B Brandon Phillips
  7. LF Marlon Byrd
  8. C Brayan Peña
  9. RHP Jason Marquis

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nelson carries stellar start into series opener vs. Reds

By Adam McCalvy / MLB.com | 4/26/2015 4:33 PM ET

The Reds slumped into Miller Park last week and found some footing. The Brewers will try to do the same at Great American Ball Park beginning Monday night.

Milwaukee needed a win in the finale of a four-game series against the Reds to avoid being swept in the first meeting between the teams, and fared no better against the Cardinals over the weekend. But the Brewers do have their most consistent starting pitcher on the mound in 25-year-old Jimmy Nelson, who carries a 1.35 ERA into play, and is coming off a Wednesday start against the Reds in which he worked a career-high eight innings.

The Reds counter with veteran Jason Marquis in the opener of this three-game set.

Things to know about the game:

• Since a quality start in his Reds debut, Marquis has allowed 10 runs (nine earned) and 16 hits over nine innings in his last two starts. He was still the winner of a 16-10 game at Milwaukee on Tuesday while giving up five earned runs and nine hits over five innings.

• The Brewers will have right fielder Ryan Braun and third baseman Aramis Ramirez back in the lineup after both players requested Sunday off, according to manager Ron Roenicke. Both men are at the center of the Brewers' early-season struggles, with Braun batting .230 with a .279 slugging percentage, and Ramirez hitting .197 and slugging the same. Between them, Braun and Ramirez have two home runs and 10 RBIs.

• Jay Bruce, who pinch-hit Sunday, should be back in right field for the Reds after a two-day break -- Saturday's rainout and a day off from starting duties Sunday. Including his Sunday afternoon strikeout as a pinch-hitter, Bruce is hitless in his last 14 at-bats with nine strikeouts.

MOAR MARQUIS!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

We might actually win two in a row. By far our best pitcher to start the season vs by far their worst pitcher. I still can't believe Marquis is on a major league roster and that it's not butter.

Looks like we have a good shot at a winning streak today. Regardless if they can actually pull themselves out of this hole, it'd sure be nice to see them give it a shot...i'd rather not have my summer baseball-less.

MLB really knocking these divisional games out early eh? Seems like we only play the Reds and Cardinals these days.

Yep. The Crew has a boatload of divisional games to start the year, except for that Rockies series it'll be central games only...which makes the losing even worse.

I want to add that, for tonight's game's broadcast info, I've simply used what's posted on the Brewers' official site.

If anyone has any updated info related to potential broadcast changes due to the Bucks' playoff game tonight, please post it in this thread. Thank you!

Braun is sitting again today

I am absolutely shocked that Ryan Braun has a lingering health issue that is causing him to miss games. Absolutely shocked. It is like the guy aged 10 years from 2011 to now. Braun needs to get a new workout regimen, better trainer, better nutrition, better something to get rid of all these nagging items that he constantly gets.

I am absolutely shocked that Ryan Braun has a lingering health issue that is causing him to miss games. Absolutely shocked. It is like the guy aged 10 years from 2011 to now. Braun needs to get a new workout regimen, better trainer, better nutrition, better something to get rid of all these nagging items that he constantly gets.

If only there were something to help speed up the healing process...

Formerly AirShuttle6104

If only there were something to help speed up the healing process...

But if there were it would be the most outrageous thing off all-time, basically cheating when compared to having a doctor move a ligament from your leg to your elbow that allows you to throw faster.

@Todd_Rosiak 2m2 minutes ago Cincinnati, OH

Just talked to Ryan Braun. He is not out due to injury today.

Unless it's a bruised ego you're talking about, Rosiak says there is no injury. Maybe it's a wake-up call.

@Todd_Rosiak 2m2 minutes ago Cincinnati, OH

Just talked to Ryan Braun. He is not out due to injury today.

Unless it's a bruised ego you're talking about, Rosiak says there is no injury. Maybe it's a wake-up call.

Mental break. He's lost his mojo and needs to find that confidence that made him the HOF caliber player he is. I have faith he will do that. All it takes is a hot streak to tell himself, I can do this again.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewers

SSJean Segura ®

CFLogan Schafer (L)

RFGerardo Parra (L)

1BAdam Lind (L)

LFKhris Davis ®

3BAramis Ramirez ®

2BElian Herrera (S)

CM. Maldonado ®

PJimmy Nelson ®

Reds

CF Billy Hamilton (S)

SS Zack Cozart ®

1B Joey Votto (L)

3B Todd Frazier ®

RF Jay Bruce (L)

2B B. Phillips ®

LF Marlon Byrd ®

C Brayan Pena (S)

P Jason Marquis (L)

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

RR said he liked what he saw yesterday out of Parra and Schafer. So basically he's saying that he feels those guys give the team a better chance to win right now than Braun. Parra. And Schafer. Schafer. Let that sink in for a bit. Yikes. This team is messed up. With that said, I'm all for whatever will get this team into the W column, so Parra and Schafer it is!

Any update on what's going on with Braun? Very strange to voluntarily sit out two days in a row if it's truly not an injury.

Someone posted on page 1 that Ron was happy with what schafer and Parra did yesterday, or something.

Any update on what's going on with Braun? Very strange to voluntarily sit out two days in a row if it's truly not an injury.

RR said he liked what he saw yesterday out of Parra and Schafer. He said Braun will be back in the lineup tomorrow. So basically he's benching him for poor performance. Maybe this will spark Braun.

Nelson has been so good he's got to be wondering what else he has to prove to be promoted to a major league team

His stuff looks good tonight; you'd think sooner or later a major league team would take notice.

Archived