Brewer Fanatic

Future of the middle infield

paul253

Segura, Gennett, Sardinas, Arcia, Rivera.

All five at AA or higher. Everyone but Gennett can play both SS and 2B but none have ideal power for 1B or 3B. What's the best way to handle this? Who is the future at each position?

2B Segura SS Arcia UTIL Rivera. Trade Gennett and Sardinas.

How about we just see who can make it at the big league level before we start trading guys away. If Sardinas and Arcia both turn into something special - that's a good problem to have

I like Arcia at SS. He's still young and could fill out more, necessitating a move. Seggy has a strong arm. He could handle 2b or SS. Not sure if Scooter can handle other spots. He is a nice hitter and defender, he just needs to learn to learn to work counts and draw some walks. Rivera or Gomez is fine at Util. Sardinas is likely trade bait

I agree with Arcia at SS. I'd actually prefer Sardinas at 2nd and Rivera as the super utility player. It'd be nice to get that switchhitter in there as the every day player. Plus, I think Segura could fetch the most in return.

I am trading Segura and Scooter as soon as decent prospects can come back for them.

Sardinas goes to short and Rivera to 2nd. Arcia moves up to AAA. If you cannot trade Scooter (he plays bad on return) you option him back to AAA.

Your next goal is to trade one of Sardinas / Rivera / Scooter (assume he was optioned back to AAA) off season

Then Arcia becomes the shortstop from sometime in 2016 - even after the first couple of weeks. Whoever is 'left' from Sardinas/Rivera/Scooter is your 2nd baseman.

Rogers / Clark are your platooning first baseman (both can play left field also)

Jimenez is your third baseman... if no good, you just cut him. I assume at least one prospect we got back will be a third baseman.

Now you have a cheap, with some high ceiling infield from 2016 to 2022. And, of course, if better guys end up coming through the minors, you trade and reload year by year until you see some hope.

I sure hope we get a catcher prospect as well in trading Segura / Scooter / ARAM / Gomez / Davis / Lind / Lucroy.

I sure hope we get a catcher prospect as well in trading Segura / Scooter / ARAM / Gomez / Davis / Lind / Lucroy.

Trade Lucroy for Swihart (Boston) and you have your catcher of the now & future as well. That Carlos Leal in our minors is sure intriguing as well.

C- Swihart / Leal

1B- Braun

2B- Sardinas

3B- Prospect from Segura and Gennet trades

SS- Arcia

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Trade Lucroy for Swihart (Boston) and you have your catcher of the now & future as well. That Carlos Leal in our minors is sure intriguing as well.

C- Swihart / Leal

1B- Braun

2B- Sardinas

SS- Arcia

Aren't you his agent or something? Why would you pencil in a 33rd round pick with 44 MiLB plate appearances in on the MLB roster?

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

C- Swihart / Leal

1B- Braun

2B- Sardinas

SS- Arcia

Aren't you his agent or something? Why would you pencil in a 33rd round pick with 44 MiLB plate appearances in on the MLB roster?

I wish I was. But no, that's Agent39.

Just being overly optimistic is all hoping we found a diamond in the rough.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived