Brewer Fanatic

Ryan Braun - Worst Contract in Franchise History?

JJHardy7
Braun isn't going to use PEDs again guys. He has no reason and doesn't seem like he cares to much about baseball(compared to before). It isn't like he is A-Rod wanting to breaking records etc.

I always love these statements from fans. How in the heck would you know how much he cares? The man could go home every night and be miserable for his performance lately and you wouldn't know it. Usually players who are as good as Braun was, do not get there in the first place by having a regular persons work ethic. This stuff just is so dang funny to me.

Also, how do you know he will never use PEDs again? He knew there was testing in place last time he got caught, yet someone convinced him he could beat the system. All it takes is someone else to convince him there's something new out there that can't be picked up in a test. Likely? No. Possible? Absolutely.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I think he would get a full season 162 game suspension. The one after that would be banned for life.

That's what i thought.

I think it is obvious nobody can say for sure what Braun will/is doing, but I would be pretty surprised if he is using now or starts using again. There simply is nothing for him to gain at this point by doing it.

I think the first thing he needs to fix is the chasing of the low outside slider. This wasn't a problem for him in his glory years, I just don't see why he's started to drastically fall for that pitch now. If he cuts that out, he'll start having the count in his favor again and maybe start driving the ball again. He stands really far off the plate so turning on the inside pitches should be doable if he wasn't always behind in the count. Then hopefully as time goes on the thumb injury and messed up mechanics from it will go away and he can at least be good again.

There goes Ryan Braun not caring again, to the tune of about 430 feet into right center field. :rolleyes Two nights in a row where he hasn't cared about baseball.

And that home run he hit last night, was off of Johnny Cueto, who, last time I checked, was a pretty darned good pitcher.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

There goes Ryan Braun not caring again, to the tune of about 430 feet into right center field. :rolleyes Two nights in a row where he hasn't cared about baseball.

+1

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

HUH HOW ABOUT THAT

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

RYAN BNRAUN GRAND SLAME

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Good to see Braun heating up. Probably too late for the Brewers' chances this season, but it's sure nice to see him hitting the ball well again.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Waiting for someone to say that in those two days off he did a quick PED cycle...

It is great to see Braun hitting like his old self today.

As always when I criticize the Brewers, I would be thrilled to be wrong!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

There's Braun hating baseball again.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Good to see Braun heating up. Probably too late for the Brewers' chances this season, but it's sure nice to see him hitting the ball well again.

It's getting those mechanics back. He spent a good chunk since mid-May 2013 adjusting his mechanics due to that thumb injury. Now, he just had to get the good ones back...

Today... they were back. Hopefully it's consistent (although, over his last five games, he was hitting.313... so maybe it's coming back).

Seriously, I think it's an .850-.900 OPS this season, and next year, he is really back to form.

I know when a player is hurt he always comes right back and plays like his old self. It never takes any time for a player to get their stroke back after learning bad habits. I mean Weeks always went right back to hitting just as well as he did just before he got hurt. Yeah, Braun just doesn't care or has lost it.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Seriously, I think it's an .850-.900 OPS this season, and next year, he is really back to form.

Ryan had a .863 OPS in the first half of last year. It wasn't 2011-era Braun performance, but I believe it's reasonable to think he can perform like that this year.

Ryan had a .863 OPS in the first half of last year. It wasn't 2011-era Braun performance, but I believe it's reasonable to think he can perform like that this year.

I noted earlier his full-season WORST OPS prior to 2014 was .866 in 2010.

So.. when do we resume the debate about moving Braun back to third base? Wouldn't that be much better to talk about???

:)

I noted earlier his full-season WORST OPS prior to 2014 was .866 in 2010.

So.. when do we resume the debate about moving Braun back to third base? Wouldn't that be much better to talk about???

:)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Braun seemed to have a little swagger going around the bases on the slam. That we have not seen in a while. Now, if he starts hitting the ball to left/left-center with any kind of authority on a consistent basis, watch out.

He clearly....CLEARLY still has the power. He doesn't need to be using a lighter bat, and anybody suggesting that his great years and home run numbers were due to something he chewed on, or injected...should close their yaps from this point going forward. A healthy Ryan Braun, a Ryan Braun with sound mechanics, can absolutely still be the superstar he has always been. Those incredible seasons were a result of hard work, and natural ability. I've watched a lot of baseball in my career, and I would still put him as one of the top 5 hitters in the game healthy.

Now, will he keep pounding the ball like this? Maybe, maybe not. He's still got some things to iron out. He's not 100% yet mechanically. The grand slam to left center was a nice eye opener, and it's a starting point. It means he got full extension, which is something I've not seen for a while. Contrary to popular belief, he had good power numbers last year, but his totals were short of what we are used to because he could only utilize his opposite field stroke.

The point which we start to get excited again is when he turns on a few more balls to straight away left field. Not only will his home run numbers increase, but the extra base hits will start coming. And that is precisely what has always made Braun an offensive star. It wasn't the home runs alone. Plenty of guys can hit 30 plus home runs. It's the extra base hits, and the average, on top of the home runs, that made him an elite talent. That's why only four players in the history of Major League Baseball had more extra base hits in their first six seasons than Ryan Braun. Those men? Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Chuck Klein and Albert Pujols.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Braun seemed to have a little swagger going around the bases on the slam. That we have nonly four players in the history of Major League Baseball had more extra base hits in their first six seasons than Ryan Braun[/url]. Those men? Ted Williams, Joe DiMaggio, Chuck Klein and Albert Pujols.

All those guys kind of suck now. Maybe Pujols can rebound, but I'm not expecting much from Williams unless they re-attach his head to a robotic body.

Can we change the thread title from worst contract.... to best contract.

I have done the maths, and if we rest Brauny 2 games a week (that seems to be the key) and let him play four, and he hits 6 home runs in those four, he will be about 80 homers for the year (playing the four days a week). Let me see.... 20 weeks left x 4 = ... yes, that seems to be 80.

80 homers a year until 2020. Lucky us.

Archived