Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-24 Cardinals (Martínez) at Brewers (Garza), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 24 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Cardinals (9-4) | Brewers (3-13)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/auZdjIl.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/NibZ6mH.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Carlos Martínez[/pitcher][h2]1-0, 2.08 ERA, 0.92 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Since winning a rotation job, Martínez has shown himself a more complete pitcher by complementing his fastball with a nice changeup-slider mix and also pulling back on velocity in order to improve command and stamina.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Matt Garza[/pitcher][h2]1-2, 5.40 ERA, 1.80 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Garza emerged from Spring Training excited about his rediscovered slider, but he has struggled in the regular season and has a dissapointing ratio of strikeouts (nine) to walks (nine).[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 3B Matt Carpenter
  2. RF Jason Heyward
  3. LF Matt Holliday
  4. 1B Matt Adams
  5. SS Jhonny Peralta
  6. CF Jon Jay
  7. C Yadier Molina
  8. 2B Kolten Wong
  9. RHP Carlos Martínez

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jean Segura
  2. CF Gerardo Parra
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Adam Lind
  5. LF Khris Davis
  6. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  7. 2B Elian Herrera
  8. C Martin Maldonado
  9. RHP Matt Garza

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Cardinals, Brewers meet for second time this season

By Jenifer Langosch / MLB.com | 4/23/2015 3:59 PM ET

Trending in varying directions these first few weeks of the season, the Brewers and Cardinals will meet for their second of six head-to-head series beginning in Milwaukee on Friday. First pitch is scheduled for 7:10 pm CT, with St. Louis' Carlos Martinez set to take the mound against Brewers righty Matt Garza.

The Brewers were able to snap their eight-game losing streak with a win on Thursday, though they enter the weekend series as bottom dwellers in the National League Central. The Cardinals, in contrast, sit atop the division and are just a little more than a week removed from having taken a home series against the Brewers.

St. Louis is 8-3 against division opponents this year, while the Brewers have a 3-10 mark.

Things to know about this game:

• Matt Carpenter will enter the game riding an on-base streak of 21 games, the longest active streak in the Majors. He has hit safely in each of the team's last 10 games, with multiple hits in eight of those.

• The Brewers hope Garza can continue their first streak of quality starts. Brewers pitchers combined for only two such outings (six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs) in their first 14 games, and hadn't had one in nine straight games before Jimmy Nelson delivered eight innings with one run against the Reds on Wednesday, and Kyle Lohse followed with seven innings of two-run ball Thursday afternoon.

• Yadier Molina is expected back in the Cardinals' lineup after sitting out Thursday's series finale. It marked the first start Molina has missed this season. Also, the Cardinals will be rejoined by outfielder Peter Bourjos, who missed the Cardinals' last series while on paternity leave.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Another series we can start to make up some ground. I'd be ecstatic over a sweep but I would take 2 of 3 as well!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If we could exit the weekend 6-13 it would be like we are 18-1, and would help erase some of the frustration we've felt the past couple weeks. Let's sweep these dirty birds and get a little optimism back in the dugout.

How do you miss something like that? Honestly that's terrible.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Lind just barely misses one and then we end an inning like that? Yikes.

I always follow along on GameDay. Whenever the "outs" notification pops up but GameDay takes a long time to refresh - I know there was a base running issue. I switch over to in game on bf.net to find out exactly what happened - the majority of the time it seems like it's "aggressive" base running.

Yeah, I just turned on the game when Lind hit that flyball. Who was that on 2nd, Segura or Parra? Why didn't they just tag up to begin with?? That ball was plenty deep and Jay was going back to catch the ball. They would have made it to 3rd easily and none of that other baserunning stuff would have ever happened.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'm not sure if Braun got a bad read because Parra was just fine going. Either way, it stinks.

Davis can get to 3rd on that?, but Segura (Parra?) can't get to 3rd on the deep fly ball Lind hit?

... They didn't tag.

Ball was more in the gap so I think they both thought to go half way.

Well we've handed the Cards a run and not been able to move one in from 3rd with less that two outs. All in only two innings. Sounds about right.

Archived