Brewer Fanatic

MA is on his way.....

markedman5

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this really doesn't mean much. they can't change the roster at this point and i doubt firing any manager or coach will not be discussed. It can't hurt but I can't see it changing. The team is pressing and having the owner in the stands won't help them relax.

MARK MARK HES OUR MAN, IF HE CANT DO IT NO ONE CAN!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Mark is going to try to talk Doug into trading for Bronson Arroyo or Bartolo Colon. They also are going to talk about how great it will be to sign David Price as a free agent in 2019!
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Maybe he'll go into the booth and rant about how upset he is and how changes will be made, only to do nothing. That worked really well at the end of last season.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

But Melvin, who referred to the Brewers' seemingly perpetual state as “Milwaukee in the middle,” acknowledged that rebuilding can be necessary at some point.

“It's good we have 140 some games left. But we've got to see change here. We've got to see the arrow pointing in the other direction pretty soon,” Melvin said. “Maybe there's a point you have to say, you have to reset, retool.”

Most optimistic I've been about the team in a while.

Todd Rosiak just tweeted "Mark Attanasio here today. Definitely not pleased with the play of the team. "I'm not looking at the manager or general manager.""

So, my previous ten seconds of optimism are gone.

Not even looking at the manager? What are you doing?

But Melvin, who referred to the Brewers' seemingly perpetual state as “Milwaukee in the middle,” acknowledged that rebuilding can be necessary at some point.

“It's good we have 140 some games left. But we've got to see change here. We've got to see the arrow pointing in the other direction pretty soon,” Melvin said. “Maybe there's a point you have to say, you have to reset, retool.”

Most optimistic I've been about the team in a while.

Okay, now it's gone.

On whether he’s content to just ride it out:

“Well, I’m not sure what else we could do at this point. We set our team. We’ve got established guys. What else can you do?”

Could MA be any more myopic? If he truly believes he has a good core of players and refuses to acknowledge the fundamental problems this team has drafting and developing players, we're screwed. I mean at this point I'm hoping for the worst possible implosion because it feels like it's the only thing that'll put us on the path to getting better.

I've never quite figured out how the Owner who fired Yost with a mere week left in the season can be so excruciatingly patient with Roenicke/Melvin.

Maybe he realized he made a mistake with Yost, the manager who was in the World Series a year ago.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm still waiting for the promised "damn good reason" that Attanasio promised fans last year if changes weren't made in the off-season, because I don't consider any of the staff firings or roster moves to be material changes. I guess the fans need to start showing that they weren't given that reason to come back:

“I think we need to give the fans a reason to come back,” Attanasio said. “That means we have to identify what went wrong, we have to have a good explanation for how we’re fixing it, and if we’re not making any changes, we’d better have a damn good reason for why. And I mean changes broadly speaking — same roster, same manager and coaches, same everything — we’d better say, ‘Well, it was this, and that’s why we’re not changing.’

MA seems totally oblivious to the fact that established, veteran players eventually turn into worn out, washed up old guys.

This team is built backwards. Older players are good for bench depth and leadership. Good teams have young, ascending players as their core, like we did in '08. This team has a core of veterans surrounded and fills in the gaps with young AAAA players like Schafer, H Gomez, Jimenez , etc. It was inevitable that this eventually wasn't going to work anymore.

Archived