Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-22 Reds (Cueto) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1; Another strong outing from Nelson -- 8 IP, 3 H, 1 ER]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RRR whining about the called strikes...

That is a sign of desperation.

He is a desperate man, desperate to keep his job.

What I don't understand is why he doesn't come charging out of the dugout to make a scene about it. He's obviously really really pissed & frustrated... why not try to inspire some fight with a good ol' fashioned Bobby-Cox-style-blow-up?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

most teams who get a lead off double out of their 9 hole would find a way to plate the run ... just not your 2015 Brewers though

Late last season we had problems getting a run across the plate with a guy on 3rd and only one out. We just couldn't even get a freaking fly ball to drive that run home. :(

I agree Topper - You never strike out looking in that situation. You just can't. You are spot on with it being bad managing. On a side note; your plan has me laughing. That would be awesome if he came back to the dugout and RRR handed him his boarding pass. lol

So it's bad managing because the player left the bat on his shoulder?

Got it.

With Scooter's injury we really can't send him back to Colorado Springs.

RRR whining about the called strikes...

That is a sign of desperation.

He is a desperate man, desperate to keep his job.

What I don't understand is why he doesn't come charging out of the dugout to make a scene about it. He's obviously really really pissed & frustrated... why not try to inspire some fight with a good ol' fashioned Bobby-Cox-style-blow-up?

It appears from what Matt and Rock said on the broadcast tonight that isn't RR's style. And his impassive demeanor is showing in his players' approach throughout this disaster. Teams really are a reflection of their HC/manager.

Don't even care if he has a massive throw your hat down screaming match with the umpire. If you're upset with the strike zone, go out there and say something about it. Even if you don't get ejected you can at least get your point across while the game is still going on. When you do it in the post game interview there's nothing that can be done to change the umpire's mind or plant a seed of doubt when he's making ball and strike calls.

When I left work last night, it was 2-1 going into the bottom of the 9th. When I got out to my car and turned on the radio, I heard Uecker yell "Suicide squeeze and the Brewers win!"

I got excited for a second, then I heard music and realized it was just a promo from a past game, and that in actuality we went 1-2-3 in the 9th to lose again. Nice.

I'm going to quote part of a text exchange between me and thablingster as the 8th inning ended last night:

me: At least it's still a game at 9:18! Oh, wait, K-Rod. :(

thablingster: Right.

me: So hard not to predict HR, Chapman, 2-13.

So the only thing I got wrong was the WP replacing the HR.

Otherwise, the main drag of this game for me was simply the context of the mega-slump. I actually like pitching duels and in a vacuum, losing like the Brewers did last night is less sad than losing 10-0 on opening day, or 10-2 after giving up a six-spot in the 9th.

I can't think of a time we've started off the hawing household season as 0-5, though. Man.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

25 ways to score a runner from third base

Twenty-five

That's five fives

Over 2 dozen

And the Brewers couldn't find one. It was fun to think they had a chance for a while, though. And Nelson is one of the only guys out there that's worth a damn right now, so that's nice to watch.

Archived