Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-22 Reds (Cueto) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1; Another strong outing from Nelson -- 8 IP, 3 H, 1 ER]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree Topper - You never strike out looking in that situation. You just can't. You are spot on with it being bad managing. On a side note; your plan has me laughing. That would be awesome if he came back to the dugout and RRR handed him his boarding pass. lol

So it's bad managing because the player left the bat on his shoulder?

Got it.

most teams who get a lead off double out of their 9 hole would find a way to plate the run ... just not your 2015 Brewers though

I'd agree with you more if you remove "2015" from that sentence. I've been complaining about the Brewers inability to score a RISP with less than two outs for years. I would have to imagine they are near the worst in baseball after the 2011 season, especially with a RISP with zero outs.

i'll be shocked if we see 4 runs total in tonights game, let alone 4 runs in one at bat, multiple times, like last night.

huh, go figure

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I agree Topper - You never strike out looking in that situation. You just can't. You are spot on with it being bad managing. On a side note; your plan has me laughing. That would be awesome if he came back to the dugout and RRR handed him his boarding pass. lol

So it's bad managing because the player left the bat on his shoulder?

Got it.

Again, it was more than just 1 pitch. His approach was obviously literally no different than any AB tonight. He was up there to get a hit. RRR was perfectly fine with that strategy. He is not going to do anything about it. He doesn't care.

Just dis-satisfying. And in 5days or 6 whatever it is it'll be Cueto vs Nelson again. Gotta love our #5(#1really) vs their #1 matchups. wonder how that keeps happening...Nelson vs Wainwright twice last season. Guess we're trying to groom another Ben Sheets.

lol ... yay, another caught looking strike 3. At least this guy throws 100000 mph and you can just say you didn't see it

Get him a boarding pass, AAA here we come.

It appears you do not understand the concept that in some scenarios you need a hit and in other scenarios you need much less, decent contact. If you need to get a hit you need to take a completely different approach, thus a K looking can happen. Can you please show me all the times I have complained about players taking Ks looking when a hit was needed in the AB.

Again, it was more than just 1 pitch. His approach was obviously literally no different than any AB tonight. He was up there to get a hit. RRR was perfectly fine with that strategy. He is not going to do anything about it. He doesn't care.

Its a AAAA player against Cueto, I'm sure both he and RRR were planning on putting one in play...but you need talent to be successful. Herrera is just not a good player.

I'm sure both he and RRR were planning on putting one in play

No he wasn't, he was taking full swings and then took strike 3 looking, he clearly did not have making contact his #1 priority

lol ... yay, another caught looking strike 3. At least this guy throws 100000 mph and you can just say you didn't see it

Get him a boarding pass, AAA here we come.

It appears you do not understand the concept that in some scenarios you need a hit and in other scenarios you need much less, decent contact. If you need to get a hit you need to take a completely different approach, thus a K looking can happen. Can you please show me all the times I have complained about players taking Ks looking when a hit was needed in the AB.

I understand the concept perfectly. I am simply trying to tell you that being he is going to fail in that spot. He just isn't a good player. I have no idea what he was thinking but I'm sure he was hoping to get the bat on the ball. He still has to get something on the ball...a weak grounder or weak fly ball doesn't score the run.

Archived