Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-22 Reds (Cueto) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1; Another strong outing from Nelson -- 8 IP, 3 H, 1 ER]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strikeout looking there should get you sent to minors directly. RRR should be fired simply for not specifically telling Herrera before the AB that under no circumstance should he strikeout looking

Except the pitch not being a strike.

As Rock says, too close to take. Choke up and put the frickin ball in play

If it's not a strike, don't swing. Especially where that pitch was when all you can do is hit a weak pop up in the infield.

That ball 4 to Braun was the same height as strike 3 to Herrera.

Except the pitch not being a strike.

As Rock says, too close to take. Choke up and put the frickin ball in play

If it's not a strike, don't swing. Especially where that pitch was when all you can do is hit a weak pop up in the infield.

That ball 4 to Braun was the same height as strike 3 to Herrera.

The AB was longer than 1 pitch. He should have been choking up the entire AB trying to hit a lazy flyball to the outfield so I could feel happy for 20 minutes before KRod blows the game. Instead he was taking his exact same approach he takes for every AB trying to take a good swing and get the bat head out and drive the ball. Not needed there.

The AB was longer than 1 pitch. He should have been choking up the entire AB trying to hit a lazy flyball to the outfield so I could feel happy for 20 minutes before KRod blows the game. Instead he was taking his exact same approach he takes for every AB trying to take a good swing and get the bat head out and drive the ball. Not needed there.

Lazy fly to right doesn't mean he would have scored...

The walk will usually score. As it probably will here. This is so ridiculous.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What is your point, that Herrera's approach was good? He needed to put the MFing ball in play, literally anything would have been better than a K. You are saying my plan if I was the manager to tell him to put the ball in play or go directly to the airport back to AAA would have worse than just sitting back allowing him to strikeout looking?

HahahahahahahHhahaha

You gotta be kidding me.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

What is your point, that Herrera's approach was good? He needed to put the MFing ball in play, literally anything would have been better than a K. You are saying my plan if I was the manager to tell him to put the ball in play or go directly to the airport back to AAA would have worse than just sitting back allowing him to strikeout looking?

I agree Topper - You never strike out looking in that situation. You just can't. You are spot on with it being bad managing. On a side note; your plan has me laughing. That would be awesome if he came back to the dugout and RRR handed him his boarding pass. lol

Lol between the Wild getting spanked tonight and this...it may be time to turn sports off for the night

Was excited to watch that game after the Brewers were over/during commercials. Not so much anymore.

Lol between the Wild getting spanked tonight and this...it may be time to turn sports off for the night

Was excited to watch that game after the Brewers were over/during commercials. Not so much anymore.

Lot of game left to play there...we'll make it a game. Probably tie it up 3-3 and then give up a game winner.

Did I say his approach was good?

I said a lazy fly ball doesn't mean the run is going to score as you implied.

If only baseball was as easy as, 'Put it in play or go to the airport.' On top of the fact that he got struck out on a pitch that wasn't a strike...so, yes his approach may have been, 'just' trying to put the ball in play...but it is also probably to swing at strikes.

Archived