Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-22 Reds (Cueto) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1; Another strong outing from Nelson -- 8 IP, 3 H, 1 ER]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 22 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Reds (7-7) | Brewers (2-12)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/NIRyzPk.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/dNdMwkb.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Johnny Cueto[/pitcher][h2]0-2, 2.14 ERA, 0.81 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]In a 6-1 loss at St. Louis Friday, a risky decision backfired on Cueto. He intentionally walked Jon Jay to load the bases for Yadier Molina, who hit an elevated sinker for a three-run double in the seventh for the go-ahead runs.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Jimmy Nelson[/pitcher][h2]1-1, 1.50 ERA, 0.75 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Nelson gave up three runs (two earned) on five hits and struck out three in a rematch with the Pirates on Friday. He'll face the Reds at Miller Park, where he threw seven two-hit innings and struck out nine in his 2015 debut.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Billy Hamilton
  2. 1B Joey Votto
  3. 3B Todd Frazier
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips
  5. RF Jay Bruce
  6. LF Marlon Byrd
  7. C Brayan Peña
  8. SS Zack Cozart
  9. RHP Johnny Cueto

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jean Segura
  2. 2B Elián Herrera
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Adam Lind
  5. LF Khris Davis
  6. 3B Aramis Ramírez
  7. CF Gerardo Parra
  8. C Martín Maldonado
  9. RHP Jimmy Nelson

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cueto, Nelson look to quiet bats in Milwaukee

By Jim Hoehn / Special to MLB.com | 4/22/2015 12:01 AM ET

The Reds are trying to keep pace with the middle of the National League Central, while the Brewers are trying to avoid being buried by the end of the first month. They meet in the third game of a four-game series at Miller Park on Wednesday.

The Brewers, off to their worst start in franchise history, have three starters on the 15-day disabled list: CF Carlos Gomez (hamstring), 2B Scooter Gennett (hand laceration), and C Jonathan Lucroy (broken toe).

Jimmy Nelson starts for the Brewers against Johnny Cueto, as both pitchers look to quiet two offenses that combined for 26 runs in the second game of the series on Tuesday.

Things to know about this game:

• The Brewers have yet to win or split a series this season (0-4), including being swept in a pair of three-game sets. Milwaukee also lost its last four series last season.

• Nelson, 1-1 in two starts, has been the lone bright spot in a starting rotation that was 2-10 with a 5.96 ERA in the first 13 games. In his first start, Nelson allowed just two hits over seven scoreless innings in a 6-0 victory over Pittsburgh. He then allowed two runs in five innings in a rematch with the Pirates, taking the loss in a 6-3 defeat.

• Cueto, 20-9 a year ago, has pitched seven innings in each of his three starts this season -- twice striking out 10 -- but has yet to record a victory. Cueto, 0-2, pitched seven scoreless innings in his first start without a decision, then allowed one run earned run in his next outing, but took the loss. He allowed four runs on six hits in his last start, a 6-1 loss to the Cardinals.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

i'll be shocked if we see 4 runs total in tonights game, let alone 4 runs in one at bat, multiple times, like last night.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

If the Crew loses again tonight my hubby is gonna cancel MLB Extra Innings. :( I know they aren't fun to watch but if he does cancel it we are stuck with the Marlins' games instead. Which would be worse? :ohwell

If the Crew loses again tonight my hubby is gonna cancel MLB Extra Innings. :( I know they aren't fun to watch but if he does cancel it we are stuck with the Marlins' games instead. Which would be worse? :ohwell

Once the season has commenced you are stuck with it unfortunately.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Once the season has commenced you are stuck with it unfortunately.

You can cancel it within 30 days this year. I think the day of reckoning is coming up quick. ;)

I'm going to brave the weather and go see the T-Rats tonight...Suffering through another Brewer game, at home, in a warm house is less appealing than going across town, in 30 degree weather to see a team play that actually gives a rip...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

At least we're going to win best calligraphy in MLB.

Since the entire Brewer nation seems to be venting right now, and for good reason, I will add that I am getting pretty dang sick of the whole calligraphy thing. Quit worrying about your fricking artwork and help to light a fire under your team's ass for a change.

I like the lineup, given what we have available. Love ARam down to 6. Our 3-4-5 batters will be here next year (if we want Lind back). Segura gets a chance to establish himself. Maldy I am looking forward to showing he can bat. I like it.

Sure would be nice to steal this one away from Cueto. Confidence booster.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nelson is an island in a sea of mediocrity.

Just tuned and see he's given up 1 thru 6. Why did he look mediocre?

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Nelson is an island in a sea of mediocrity.

Just tuned and see he's given up 1 thru 6. Why did he look mediocre?

He's saying the rest of the team is mediocre (which is frankly being a bit generous right now).

And yes, Nelson has been outstanding. (edit : he just struck out Jay Bruce and has about 80 pitches through 7 innings complete).

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived