Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Wednesday 4/22

Mass Haas
As for Wagner, the object of pitching is missing barrels, not necessarily bats entirely. I wouldn't worry much about room on the 40 man if you want to give him a look in September. Those spots will be opening up too.

That's a pretty superficial reverse justification, similar to what people have said of Jungmann. Pitchers need to be able to miss bats to get themselves out of trouble, it's that simple. Look at the best ground ball pitchers in MLB history and then also look at their K rates. People are way too hung up on ground balls, that's always been the object of the game, that's why middle defense has always been so important. Very few pitchers will strike out more hitters in MLB than they did in MiLB, that's why I've never been a big Brooks Hall supporter, I believe in SO rates, in SO:BB, in WHIP, and ultimately in stuff.

Medeiros is on the opposite end of the spectrum, he has stuff but doesn't pitch to location. Can he be an effective MLB pitcher if can't really hit spots consistently? Maybe? It's been done before, Edwin Jackson is the epitome of that kind of pitcher. Kodi has a long time to figure it out but I'd rather hitch my horse to his wagon than someone with with a career K rate below 8 in MiLB. You won't find many if any of those guys in my top 25...

I really like Tyler Wagner, I always have, but And That's comments were spot on, if he can't maintain a K rate of 7 as he moves up then I'm not sure exactly where he figures into the mix.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived