Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-21 Reds (Marquis) at Brewers (Fiers), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 16-10]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grand Slam trivia:

Who has the most all-time? (player is not in the HOF)

Who has the most in a season? (player is not in the HOF)

Fernando Tatis

Most all time - Manny Ramirez

Most in a season - Todd Helton? I feel like someone had like 8 in a season sometime recently. Like within the past 10 years.

Edit: I'm going to switch my 2nd answer to Curtis Granderson, just popped in my head for some reason...

I am not Shea Vucinich

Grand Slam trivia:

Fernando Tatis

Most all time - Manny Ramirez

Most in a season - Todd Helton? I feel like someone had like 8 in a season sometime recently. Like within the past 10 years...

Wrong, both records were set while the player was a Yankee. Except for Tatis

I know they have to do it, but hearing LePay, Uecker, etc talk about how "many different things" RR has tried to jumpstart the team is just sickening. Makes him sound like Joe Maddon...the guy has to go as of yesterday, it's a disease in the clubhouse.

Where is Ozzie Guillen? He'd kick some butts in a hurry...these guys would pick it up quick.

Grand Slam trivia:

Fernando Tatis

First answer is 100% Alex PED Rodriguez

The second guy is Travis something. Played in the mid 2000s

Grand Slam trivia:

Fernando Tatis

First answer is 100% Alex PED Rodriguez

The second guy is Travis something. Played in the mid 2000s

ARod Yes,

The single season record is 6 set by Don Mattingly (NYY 1987) and Travis Hafner (2006 CLE)

I know it's yesterday's news but a thought on the Bryan Price rant since this game is terrible -

I can't stand when athletes (or coaches/managers for that manner) complain about or snub the media. The reason you get paid millions to play a game is not because you provide a service worth millions, it's because of the fans. Period. Without them, you're looking for a real job. And the media is the fans' access to the game. You don't like the media? You can make a perfectly comfortable living as a professional baseball manager in AAA. If you want to work in the MLB and collect your millions, then this is part of the job. Deal with it.

It's like saying you want to make millions starring the world's greatest movies, but don't want to be a celebrity. Doesn't work that way.

I am not Shea Vucinich

I know it's yesterday's news but a thought on the Bryan Price rant since this game is terrible -

I can't stand when athletes (or coaches/managers for that manner) complain about or snub the media. The reason you get paid millions to play a game is not because you provide a service worth millions, it's because of the fans. Period. Without them, you're looking for a real job. And the media is the fans' access to the game. You don't like the media? You can make a perfectly comfortable living as a professional baseball manager in AAA. If you want to work in the MLB and collect your millions, then this is part of the job. Deal with it.

It's like saying you want to make millions starring the world's greatest movies, but don't want to be a celebrity. Doesn't work that way.

Actually, yes, the service they provide does make millions of dollars for owners, radio and television networks, the league, and local communities.

Hopefully we can get Aram to a place to actually compete in his final season. AL team would love him if he's hitting.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived