Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-21 Reds (Marquis) at Brewers (Fiers), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 16-10]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 21 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Reds (6-7) | Brewers (2-11)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/U4q1lVW.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/KyFxg2H.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Jason Marquis[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 6.30 ERA, 1.70 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]During a four-inning performance vs. the Cubs on Wednesday, Marquis was not locating his sinker well. It not only was up in the strike zone, but pitches were also drifting back over the plate.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Mike Fiers[/pitcher][h2]0-2, 5.91 ERA, 1.50 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Fiers gave up two runs in 5 2/3 innings and lost Thursday in St. Louis. He lost to the Pirates in his season debut, striking out eight while allowing five runs over five innings. He's permitted 14 hits in 10 2/3 innings.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Billy Hamilton
  2. 1B Joey Votto
  3. 3B Todd Frazier
  4. 2B Brandon Phillips
  5. RF Jay Bruce
  6. LF Marlon Byrd
  7. C Brayan Peña
  8. SS Zack Cozart
  9. RHP Jason Marquis

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jean Segura
  2. 2B Elián Herrera
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Adam Lind
  5. LF Khris Davis
  6. 3B Jason Rogers
  7. CF Logan Schafer
  8. C Martín Maldonado
  9. RHP Mike Fiers

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reds, Brewers seek punch for Marquis-Fiers matchup

By Jim Hoehn / Special to MLB.com | 4/21/2015 1:06 AM ET

Two teams with early-season struggles on offense will be looking to find their batting stroke under the retractable roof at Miller Park in the second game of a four-game set on Tuesday night.

The Reds, who broke out with two home runs Monday in a 6-1 series-opening win, have scored 43 runs in 13 games. The Brewers, who have lost six in a row, have scored a Major League-low 31 runs in 13 games. Milwaukee also lost All-Star catcher Jonathan Lucroy to the disabled list Monday with a fractured left toe.

Jason Marquis will be on the mound Tuesday for the Reds, opposed by Mike Fiers.

Things to know about this game

• All-star catcher Devin Mesoraco, who hasn't played since April 12, is expected to return to the Reds on Tuesday. He missed several games with a left hip impingement and was at home on Monday for what manager Bryan Price said were "family reasons."

• Marquis will be making his 22nd career start against the Brewers. He is 6-12 overall and 1-3 at Miller Park. His lone victory in Milwaukee was April 17, 2005, when he was with St. Louis, pitching eight innings in a 3-2 win. He has lost six of his last seven decisions against the Brewers.

• Fiers is 1-3 with a 3.08 ERA in six starts against the Reds. He took a 3-1 loss in his only start against Cincinnati last season, giving up two runs on four hits in five innings on Sept. 23 at Great American Ball Park.

• The Brewers have not won a season series against the Reds since 2006, when they went 10-9. Milwaukee was 9-10 against the Cincinnati last season, going 6-3 at Miller Park.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I have never been a fan of fire sales...but dang I think this team needs one. If they traded Gomez/Lucroy now they could shorten their time as a basement dweller. Add together all the prospects they get along the way plus a key FA signing or two when ready(think Lester with the Cubs) and hey maybe we have a bright young team in 2019.

I wanted to pencil in 2-12, but maybe this Spring Split Squad lineup will surprise me.

That and Jason Marquis is horrible/somehow still in the majors.

But today he will go 7 strong giving up 2 runs.

You're saying the Brewer offense is going to explode tonight for 2 runs? Brave prediction!

Jason Marquis started this 2010 game which featured a Counsell grand slam. We were in attendance at Nats Park that day. I believe the Brewers also roughed him up when he was with the Twins.

So tonight's game could be a decent litmus test for the Brewers' offense. I tried not to make that seem totally full of doom.

Edit: and now that it's a Skywaukee lineup, who knows what to think?

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I wanted to pencil in 2-12, but maybe this Spring Split Squad lineup will surprise me.

That and Jason Marquis is horrible/somehow still in the majors.

But today he will go 7 strong giving up 2 runs.

Marquis will allow zero hits

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Wow. I cannot believe Jason Marquis is a Starting Pitcher still in the Major Leagues. I thought he would have been retired 2seasons ago. He's still playing...wow. That's like Jaime Moyer getting starts when he was in his 40s. Must win for the Brewers tonight. Must.

Oh my that lineup is wow. Oh my.

At first, I was inclined to grumble about Schafer batting higher up than Maldonado... but what's the point

I feel like Marty McFly, except I've gone back to 2002. Good Lord is that lineup for the Brewers ugly; of course, they'll score a bunch of runs tonight and we'll all wonder how it could be possible.

of course, they'll score a bunch of runs tonight and we'll all wonder how it could be possible.

The answer is Jason Marquis. Wouldn't be shocked if Marquis was bad enough that this lineup could score 7 runs off of him. Also wouldn't be shocked if this Brewers lineup is bad enough that Marquis could get 7 shutout innings.

of course, they'll score a bunch of runs tonight and we'll all wonder how it could be possible.

The answer is Jason Marquis. Wouldn't be shocked if Marquis was bad enough that this lineup could score 7 runs off of him. Also wouldn't be shocked if this Brewers lineup is bad enough that Marquis could get 7 shutout innings.

I'm going with the latter, rather than the former, despite my sarcastic post that you quoted.

please, please Rogers... 4 for 5, the cycle, and make 12 assists at third base... 11 of them spectacular

c'mon Seggy... we need a couple hits, so we can get trade value for you

c'mon Elian... have a good game, you are the perfect 25th man for the next four years

c'mon Fiers, please show us a MLB pitcher... please... we need you in the future

There is heaps to like about this lineup. I mean there can be future tib bits about it.

Archived