Brewer Fanatic

Herrera recalled.....Scooter to 15 day DL

markedman5

See another reason why the FO needs to be canned. The inability to judge Kintzler as a Non-Major League contributor in the offseason and instead giving him 1+mil of a contract vs doing this to begin with. Lack of Talent Evaluation. It's like bringing in Broxton for the stretch last season. Flames every since. And bringing back Aramis Ramirez. At least Kinztler is gone now and the moves are starting to be made. Just a shame they wasted 1+mil to do so.

So does Kintzler stay with the Brewers as long as somebody doesn't claim him and his million dollar salary?

the club has ten days to trade or release kintzler, or outright him to the minors. because this would the first time he's been outrighted, he cannot refuse the minor league assignment.

I believe the Brewers are on the hook for 500k-ish of Kinztler's salary regardless if he's claimed or not. If he is claimed that team would be responsible for the rest of his contract. And maybe slightly more if they too have to pay the 500k-ish to add him to their ML roster.(that both would actually account to adding up as more than his 1+mil owed)

As for teams claiming him. I doubt it. His performance warrants this demotion. He doesn't have the high velocity that would make him more valuable. If Chris Perez wasn't claimed how is Kinztler going to be?

We are in NBA style tank mode here. Only 2 weeks into the season and we are making up injuries to Scooter and Lucroy in order to lose more games. :)

My awesome guess for a lineup tonight

1. Segura

2. Parra

3. Braun

4. Lind

5. Davis

6 Ramirez

7. Maldonado

8. Gomez

9. Fiers

Good news is our offense can't really get any worse than it already is.

Why Logan made the opening day roster over Herrera is anybody's guess. Elian comes in off a hot start and hot spring, switch hitter. The way the bats have been, Elian should probably be somewhere in the lineup every day while he's up for us.

as a fan of herrera, i hope that carlos gomez returns on the 16th day and that logan schafer is optioned.

As long as this wouldn't mean that Herrera would be in any way in the plans to play the OF at all. It always makes me cringe when I see him mentioned as an OF option.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

We are in NBA style tank mode here. Only 2 weeks into the season and we are making up injuries to Scooter and Lucroy in order to lose more games. :)

My awesome guess for a lineup tonight

1. Segura

2. Parra

3. Braun

4. Lind

5. Davis

6 Ramirez

7. Maldonado

8. Gomez

9. Fiers

Good news is our offense can't really get any worse than it already is.

Courtesy of Major League:

Board Member 1: I've never heard of half of these guys and the ones I do know are way past their prime.

Charlie Donovan: Most of these guys never had a prime.

Rachel Phelps: The fact is we lost our two best players to free agency. We haven't won a pennant in over thirty-five years, we haven't placed higher than fourth in the last fifteen. Obviously it's time for some changes.

Board Member 2: This guy here is dead!

Rachel Phelps: Cross him off, then!

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Why Logan made the opening day roster over Herrera is anybody's guess. Elian comes in off a hot start and hot spring, switch hitter. The way the bats have been, Elian should probably be somewhere in the lineup every day while he's up for us.

Actually, Herrera should have been on opening day roster in place of Jimenez. Clark should have been on roster instead of Schafer.

No argument there, but it was my understanding that the 25th spot this spring was between Logan and Herrera. In any case, when Carlos returns I hope Logan goes to Colorado, and when Scooter returns I hope Herrera stays up. Not that it matters what I hope, but... :ohwell

I think you guys are underselling the 5 guys from 2-6 in the order. I'm at the point of somewhat hoping the team tanks, and I do believe that Aramis is probably done...but all things being equal, that lineup looks like the '27 Yankees compared to a few of the lineups that the Phillies and Braves have thrown out there.

Obviously they haven't shown it, but Lind crushes righties, Parra is a good hitter vs. righties, Braun/Davis will come around at least a little bit (Davis is fine without the power). Not sure about A-Ram.

The Braves had .680 career minors OPS Christian Bethancourt BATTING CLEANUP on a getaway day last week. Of course, everyone in baseball has performed better than the Brewers...but there are some brutal offenses out there that over the course of the season will be way worse than even that Brewers lineup.

I think you guys are underselling the 5 guys from 2-6 in the order. I'm at the point of somewhat hoping the team tanks, and I do believe that Aramis is probably done...but all things being equal, that lineup looks like the '27 Yankees compared to a few of the lineups that the Phillies and Braves have thrown out there.

Obviously they haven't shown it, but Lind crushes righties, Parra is a good hitter vs. righties, Braun/Davis will come around at least a little bit (Davis is fine without the power). Not sure about A-Ram.

The Braves had .680 career minors OPS Christian Bethancourt BATTING CLEANUP on a getaway day last week. Of course, everyone in baseball has performed better than the Brewers...but there are some brutal offenses out there that over the course of the season will be way worse than even that Brewers lineup.

My post was just a joke. I need humor when it comes to the Brewers these days.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

After the grand slam last night, I half expect Herrera to bat cleanup today.

I know it's a small sample and all, but it's pretty sad that the in one game our bench warmers and AAAA guys have done more offensively than our "stars" have done all season.

~Bill Walsh

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
After the grand slam last night, I half expect Herrera to bat cleanup today.

I know it's a small sample and all, but it's pretty sad that the in one game our bench warmers and AAAA guys have done more offensively than our "stars" have done all season.

If only we could face Jason Marquis every night.

Of course, everyone in baseball has performed better than the Brewers...but there are some brutal offenses out there that over the course of the season will be way worse than even that Brewers lineup.

Those teams, in general (and for the most part, most of them), have better pitching than the Brewers including a vastly better bullpen. They also play better defense than the Brewers, make less mental errors than the Brewers and take much much better approaches at the plate than the Brewers

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Are we a better team with Herrera manning 2B over Gennett? Herrera gives us a switch hitter with which seems from the naked eye to be about the same defense as Gennett. Gennett can ONLY play 2B as well so Herrera gives us more roster flexibility. I really wouldn't mind seeing Herrera smacking the ball around for 3 weeks and taking that job.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Are we a better team with Herrera manning 2B over Gennett? Herrera gives us a switch hitter with which seems from the naked eye to be about the same defense as Gennett. Gennett can ONLY play 2B as well so Herrera gives us more roster flexibility. I really wouldn't mind seeing Herrera smacking the ball around for 3 weeks and taking that job.

I was wondering the same thing. I know Scooty (is that what RRR calls him, or is it Genny?) has been cold, but it is interesting to think about. I think the job is by no means spoken for. I could see him playing well and holding on to it. Which side of the plate does Herrera hit best from? I haven't looked at the splits. Just wondering if there is some sort of potential for a platoon or soft platoon.

Minor Leagues:

2014 vs. RHP- .291 avg. / .690 ops

2014 vs. LHP- .282 avg. / .697 ops

2013 vs. RHP - .295 avg. / .766 ops

2013 vs. LHP - .257 avg. / .671 ops

Major Leagues:

Overall- .260/.317/.660 ops

Splits-

vs. RHP- .263 avg. / .654 ops

vs. LHP- .255 avg. / .672 ops

I think that his stats go down in the majors for two reasons:

#1- pitchers are better than in AAA

#2- he never has played extensively enough to get in a groove. It'll be interesting to see the next couple of weeks. Hopefully he continues to get starts there.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived