Brewer Fanatic

Lucroy Fractures Toe - 15 Day DL

Bombers

IDK; people talking about trading Lucroy are nuts. He obviously would bring back a nice haul; but he is the face of the franchise right now and an elite catcher. DM and MA would never trade him; especially considering that the cupboard is pretty bare in the minors in catching. Replacement level guys at best.

Trading Lucroy would be essentially conceding to an Astros style rebuild and I think there is about a 1% chance of MA every agreeing to something like that. You can rebuild without having to trade everybody that has value. Lucroy, Segura, Arcia, Braun (We don't have a choice), Coulter, Taylor, Nelson, Fiers, and Peralta is still a decent core group of players if you can get some decent value for guys like Gomez, Lohse, Garza, Gennett, Krod, Broxton, etc.

IDK; people talking about trading Lucroy are nuts.

Let's assume the Brewers are done this year.

Do you think they will be ready to contend in 2016? 2017? Those are Luc's last 2 years under contract.

He'll be in his age 31 turning 32 season in 2018. Obviously time will tell what he does between now and then, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to unload the dump truck of money for a guy that may be worn out by then. I would like to have 2 stud prospects getting called up in May of 2018, though.

EDIT: And yes, I know, Attanasio won't do that. I was on board with him trying to "win now" with a prime Braun and other good players under contract the past 2-3 years even though I am normally a fan of building a team up through the minors. If he doesn't start some forward thinking, though, I'm going to develop the same opinion of him that I had of Herb Kohl with the Bucks.

what are the moves that happen ebcause of this? Centano to MLB, who moves upo to AAA?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

anyone have a guess on how long he is out, is this a 1 month, 2 month thing.

Last year I broke the middle toe on my left foot. It was about 4-5 weeks before I could walk normally. FWIW

This probably isn't the worst thing in the world. The team is going nowhere anyway. Maybe this will help us get that top 5 pick.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
anyone have a guess on how long he is out, is this a 1 month, 2 month thing.

Last year I broke the middle toe on my left foot. It was about 4-5 weeks before I could walk normally.

My wife broke her toe years ago, and if I recall she took about a month or so before she could go walking again. Her break was pretty deep, so it might be a worse case scenario. However, you never know how this will affect a ML catcher. I would think that would take longer, but that's just a guess. I wouldn't be surprised if you 1-2 month guess isn't far off.

Yeah I remember that for the first 3 weeks or so I couldn't run at all. It doesn't seem like a broken toe should affect you that much but it really does. Once I actually got it diagnosed and rested it it was about another 2 weeks or so before I could walk normally again.

Good Lucroy has been utter trash. Can't get worse

Wow. I would never think it's good to have a player injured...Especially someone on my favorite team.

Hopefully Lucroy comes back healthy and is ready to tear the cover off the ball.

Todd Rosiak ‏@Todd_Rosiak · 2m2 minutes ago

Assistant GM Gord Ash confirms Jonathan Lucroy is expected to be out 4-6 weeks, based on the involvement of the toe for a catcher.

On the bright side he should be able to hit at least part of that time.

I broke my big toe a couple years ago. Took about a month before the pain fully went away. Id imagine the weight put on it in a crouching position such as catcher would only exacerbate the injury more, hence the 4-6 week number.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived