Brewer Fanatic

Potential Manager options for Milwaukee if Roenicke is let go

reillymcshane

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd want someone who's patient and willing to teach young players how to play, I'd have to think on it for a while to come up with unattached names.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I would guess Narron finishes out the season if Ron is let go mid-season. If he would have been moved up to AA or AAA by now I think Matt Erickson would have a pretty good shot at it. He seems to be an organization favorite. How about Dave Martinez? He's been quite the bridemaid the last few years. Does he even have a job right now, I thought he left TB after he was passed over.

I hear Bobby Valentine and Wally Backman would be interested in Major League gigs.

Maybe Yost will get fired for his comments about Lawrie and we can party like it's 2003?

In all seriousness I could see Narron getting a fair shake considering the last two managers have been from outside the organization. Unsure who the other rising stars are.

I'm tired of old people being our manager. Give me Counsell or Erickson or Gabe Kapler or anybody who played baseball in the 2000s. If RR is let go, Mr. Narron will (and should) be the interim for the rest of the season.

I disagree that it is futile, and what exactly is the alternative? Running the same tired old guy out there night after night to make the same questionable decisions? A guy who has proven over the last 100 games or so that he can't get it done with these players.

Jerry Narron = Jerry Royster

If that's what they are going to do, I'd rather just ride things out a bit with Roenicke and sweep both he and Melvin out in July or August similar to what they did with Bando and Garner. If you ask me, Melvin needs to go as well, and I don't want his fingerprints on another manager- even if it's an interim.

Archived