Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-20 Reds (DeSclafani) at Brewers (Peralta), 6:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-1]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FYI Charter customers. 682-1 shows Brewers when Bucks are on 663. Not sure how much longer though. I'm sure they're not happy with the Crew either. Crowd at the game tonight was downright embarrassing. MA you watching ?

Obviously Peralta doesnt have it tonight. Why has RRR left him in? Because his handbook says his SP has to hit 100 pitches?

Same handbook that has Will Smith pitching in a 6-0 game. And then Will Smith gets a dead arm in July, whose fault is it?

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Saw this on Baseball Tonight just now.

DeSclafani threw his slider 29% of the time tonight. It was 23% in his first two starts.

Hitters chased 60% of his sliders out of the zone tonight. It was 23% in his first two starts.

Hitters tonight went 0-10 on at bats ending with his slider.

Braun nailed that home run. It's a start. I've read a few places that he's starting to hit the ball with some authority. That can't hurt. Maybe get the Luc and Gomez-less offense going just a little bit. It would make losing a little more bearable if we were at least scoring some runs.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

On the post-game show they're gonna break down the Braun HR. So, there's that.

:laughing

We had a surprise upgrade from terrace to field last night, and so had a different vantage point. Once Ryan took that HR swing, I immediately thought, hey, that's the swing we used to see all the time. /analysis

The early start still puzzles me. I understand that it's an experiment, but I don't know why 50 minutes earlier instead of 30 or 60. It wasn't WTMJ night again. It made for a slight workplace hassle getting out earlier, but getting back to Madison before 10:40 was pretty novel.

Also regarding the early start: I don't think all the food vendors were notified of the start time, as some weren't ready to take orders until about 5:45. It looked like they were operating on a 7:10 first-pitch schedule.

Back to the game: on the way home last night, I kept thinking of the Badgers' tag line of recent years - See What Happens Next - and realized that for the Brewers right now, that concept is decidedly ominous. :(

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Braun nailed that home run. It's a start. I've read a few places that he's starting to hit the ball with some authority. That can't hurt. Maybe get the Luc and Gomez-less offense going just a little bit. It would make losing a little more bearable if we were at least scoring some runs.

If we were scoring some runs we wouldn't be losing like this. ;)

Archived