Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-20 Reds (DeSclafani) at Brewers (Peralta), 6:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-1]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/reds.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 20 | 6:20 P.M.[/h1][h2]Reds (5-7) | Brewers (2-10)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WLWK 94.5 FM[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/apvbRlT.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/o6AFsvb.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Anthony DeSclafani[/pitcher][h2]1-0, 1.38 ERA, 0.77 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]The seven scoreless innings DeSclafani threw vs. the Cubs in a win on Tuesday marked a career-high. He was taken out after 97 pitches by manager Bryan Price, who indicated that he wouldn't be afraid to extend the rookie longer later in the season.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]Wily Peralta[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 4.50 ERA, 1.50 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Reds | Game Log[/h3][h3]Six pitches into his start against the Cardinals, Peralta had surrendered three hits and two runs. The Cardinals were swinging early and often and Peralta was leaving pitches up in the strike zone with similar frequency.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. CF Billy Hamilton
  2. 1B Joey Votto
  3. 3B Todd Frazier
  4. RF Jay Bruce
  5. LF Marlon Byrd
  6. C Brayan Peña
  7. SS Zack Cozart
  8. 2B Kristopher Negron
  9. RHP Anthony DeSclafani

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. SS Jean Segura
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Adam Lind
  5. LF Khris Davis
  6. 3B Aramis Ramírez
  7. CF Gerardo Parra
  8. 2B Héctor Gómez
  9. RHP Wily Peralta

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reds, Brewers out to turn around recent struggles

By Mark Sheldon / MLB.com | 4/19/2015 8:18 PM ET

Two National League Central teams that have struggled in the early part of the season will be seeking to reverse their fortunes when the Reds and Brewers open their four-game series Monday.

Milwaukee, which was swept in three games at Pittsburgh to complete a 1-5 road trip, is off to the worst start in franchise history with a 2-10 record. Cincinnati, after a 4-0 start, has dropped its last three series in a row.

Wily Peralta will start for the Brewers against the Reds' Anthony DeSclafani.

Things to know about this game:

• The Brewers have gone six games in a row without a home run and have hit only three for the season.

• DeSclafani is coming off the best start of his young career, with seven scoreless innings and two hits allowed vs. the Cubs on Tuesday. He faced the Brewers once in relief last season for the Marlins, throwing 1 2/3 scoreless innings.

• Peralta is 3-3 with a 2.88 ERA in eight career starts against the Reds, and he went 2-0 with a 0.60 ERA (15 IP, 1 ER) in two starts against them last year.

• There is a chance that Reds leadoff hitter Billy Hamilton could return to the lineup on Monday. Hamilton suffered a sore right groin on Saturday and did not start Sunday, but was feeling better.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

BRING ON HECTOR!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

That didn't even look like it needed stitches. I got a cut on my finger a few weeks ago that looked worse than that.

Id imagine the stitches make it heal faster. He also made it seem like it wouldn't stop bleeding.

That didn't even look like it needed stitches. I got a cut on my finger a few weeks ago that looked worse than that.

Id imagine the stitches make it heal faster. He also made it seem like it wouldn't stop bleeding.

Sure but in less than a day it looks that much better?

I also agree with the poster that said it doesn't really look like something that would happen in a shower. I punched a wall once and it looked a lot like that. Didn't need stitches but little cuts all around where my knuckle made contact with the wall.

SS Jean Segura

C Jonathan Lucroy

RF Ryan Braun

1B Adam Lind

LF Khris Davis

3B Aramis Ramirez

CF Gerardo Parra

2B Hector Gomez

RHP Wily Peralta

If Ramirez keeps going at this rate, he'll be released by June.

Scooter Gennett cut open his finger in the shower trying to grab some body wash. Out till Wednesday according to his tweet.

https://instagram.com/p/1s_VNeCR0C/

Yeah. Cute story. Except that injury is more consistent with blunt force trauma, as in punching something.

I disagree. The ring finger and pinky knuckles would be swollen if he had punched something - like a Boxer's fracture. Those are the two digits that sustain more damage when someone punches something solid. The fact that it's just a cut and there's no bruising (or swelling) doesn't lead me to believe he punched anything.

Edit to add, he's also a righty..so I would assume he'd be punching with his right hand, if he's doing it out of anger. Maybe he was angry and decided to punch with his left hand and his non-throwing hand, but..yeah, I just don't see it.

Archived