Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-19 Brewers (Garza) at Pirates (Cole) 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-2]

Invader3K
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure I get the love for Rogers playing 3rd base, 1st base sure, but I have significant doubts that he'd be an average MLB 3B defensively, and his offense isn't that special.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'm not sure I get the love for Rogers playing 3rd base, 1st base sure, but I have significant doubts that he'd be an average MLB 3B defensively, and his offense isn't that special.

He could suck. He could downright suck. But at least he's shown busts of having power. Rather give him a chance to see if he can do it frequently.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I bet RR is wishing he was fired. Probably would've caught on somewhere better than this crap team.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

So is the Roenicke gone watch started yet? The team has been a dead fish offensive wise since right after that Dodgers series last August. That whole bs carried over to this season. And he is the leader of this rudderless mess. Ack. 2 - 10.

Maybe they will win win one when they get back to Miller Park.

Andrew Gruman ‏@AndrewGruman 10m10 minutes ago

#Brewers are 2-10 for the first time in franchise history.

I bet MA is wondering why he decided to waste a million bucks by extending a manager who he almost fired 6 months ago.....

Ground ball after ground ball........it really is amazing that nobody on our team can drive the ball....at all........bad baseball is so boring to watch

It really is amazing; there were a couple of soft line drives to outfielders today, but the team seriously has zero power right now. I really have never seen a group with really no threat to drive the ball like the Brewers have shown so far in 2015.

And to Rogers at 3B; at this point, I don't really care how bad his defense is. It really doesn't matter anymore, does it?

So is the Roenicke gone watch started yet? The team has been a dead fish offensive wise since right after that Dodgers series last August. That whole bs carried over to this season. And he is the leader of this rudderless mess. Ack. 2 - 10.

RR is the shift manager. Doug Melvin is the architect of this disaster and he is the one who should get the brunt of the blame. He's the one ultimately in charge of stocking the Brewers armory, and let's face it, the Brewers have been showing up to gun fights wielding butter knives.

RR is the shift manager. Doug Melvin is the architect of this disaster and he is the one who should get the brunt of the blame. He's the one ultimately in charge of stocking the Brewers armory, and let's face it, the Brewers have been showing up to gun fights wielding butter knives.

I wouldn't usually think the owner would shoulder much blame, but I think he is the one who is to blame most. He is the one who decides to try and compete even though they shouldn't. That hurts the farm system and forces us to sign aging veterans etc., then Doug Melvin who listens to Attanasio, and then Roenicke.

I usually defend Doug Melvin because he is just doing what his boss tells him to, but while the talent might be there these players don't mix well. To many free swingers and no balance on the roster...he should have known.

I wouldn't usually think the owner would shoulder much blame, but I think he is the one who is to blame most. He is the one who decides to try and compete even though they shouldn't. That hurts the farm system and forces us to sign aging veterans etc., then Doug Melvin who listens to Attanasio, and then Roenicke.

I usually defend Doug Melvin because he is just doing what his boss tells him to, but while the talent might be there these players don't mix well. To many free swingers and no balance on the roster...he should have known.

You raise an interesting point. I was always under the impression MA was taking advice from DM on how to build the roster. For example, I had thought DM was the one who recommended going after CC Sabathia and MA basically green-lighted that. But yes, I'd agree that having a short-term, "we're only one blockbuster signing away from a World Series" mentality has ultimately led to the state the Brewers are currently in, and MA might be culpable for that.

Whelp, those seats ruled, shame they couldnt win

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Well i was wondering what young guys that we moved in trades that hurt us? The brewers have not gotten the impact from the draft they need especially looking at Jungman and Bradley not even being the close to the players they thought when Drafted.Hopefully last year draft will be a sign that they are moving in the right direction. Adding Lara also is also a step in the Foreign pool. DM bulit this team to be a Home run team without any balance and that is a major probem that needs to be fixed. The team just looks defeated and down to a player and Looking like our Manager is just at a loss to what to do a this point.

Archived