Brewer Fanatic

2015 Regular Season Negativism Thread (See mod note in first post!)

pacopete4
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing, over the years, that really irked me was how (aside from last year) the Brewers were September wonders... in terms of destroying their draft position. So, come 1 Sept, they may be drafting 7th or 10th or the like. All the teams around them, in July and Aug, have jettisoned their assets for prospects of any type. The Brewers remain intact with their .480 team. Yet their .480 team starts beating up on the other .480 teams. Because the other teams are now playing prospects and seeing what they have. So the Brewers climb to .500 and end up drafting 17th or 19th. They seemed to do this so, so many years. Then in winter, management would say how strong they finished.

I mean remember when Doug said re a guy they did NOT call up when they knew they were first basemanless the next year (maybe about Matt Clark or somebody else... on the 40 man): 'oh, maybe it was a mistake to not play XYZ in Sept last, as it would have been good to see what he was like, now that we have a hole to fill, and maybe he could fill it, but we dont know, because we did not call him up... oh, well, bad luck... maybe we should have'

This is from a GM with over 20 years experience NOT BOTHERING to call up a guy on the 40 man, in September, when we were .460 or whatever, and we knew the next year we need to know if that guy can play.

It will be like when ARAM gets released we sign Yuni to a one month contract at third base... just because. I dont think Rogers is a 3rd baseman, but maybe, just maybe he should get some games there so in 2016 Doug wont say 'well, we dont really know if Jason can play third, because we never really tried him there... geez, doh, maybe we should have'.

Maybe this resurrected thread is for me. I loathe DUMB management in charge of MILLIONS and, supposedly, in charge of true, sports state's team. Wisconsin deserves better than a Doug and Mark comedy show.

It will be like when ARAM gets released we sign Yuni to a one month contract at third base... just because. I dont think Rogers is a 3rd baseman, but maybe, just maybe he should get some games there so in 2016 Doug wont say 'well, we dont really know if Jason can play third, because we never really tried him there... geez, doh, maybe we should have'.

They played Rogers at 3B in AAA for a full season & tried him there when he was first called up this season. It's painfully obvious that he's not cut out to play 3B.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 1 month later...
8 game winning streak! Looks at standings ... sees we still have 2nd most losses in all of baseball. Don't let the recent streak fool you ... Sell Doug Sell

Getting worried? Brewers are 19-14 since June 1. That's a bit more than a simple dead cat bounce. I have a problem with surrendering their chances to compete in 2016. Good franchises can build their systems and still compete.

8 game winning streak! Looks at standings ... sees we still have 2nd most losses in all of baseball. Don't let the recent streak fool you ... Sell Doug Sell

Getting worried? Brewers are 19-14 since June 1. That's a bit more than a simple dead cat bounce. I have a problem with surrendering their chances to compete in 2016. Good franchises can build their systems and still compete.

So at 11-14 they were I guess just the dead cat? I am not sure what dead cat bounce means ... Anyway. My point is the organization could benefit from a talent infusion via a top 5 pick and with trades of some current assets. Winning 8 games shouldn't change your mind

Archived