Brewer Fanatic

2015 Regular Season Negativism Thread (See mod note in first post!)

pacopete4
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Haudricourt: The #Brewers officially off to worst start in club history. Had never been 2-10. Were 3-9 in 1970, 1972, 2002 and 2003.

@Haudricourt: The '02 #Brewers team went on to franchise worst 106 losses. The '03 team started 0-6 under new manager Ned Yost.

I know they are not 2002-03 bad but wow. This team is just one big fail at most baseball related activities. For now I am blaming hitting - our new hitting coach is awesome

Just remember, Melvin, in spring training was in awe of this roster. He said it was rare to have roster with no holes in it.

RR, just remember, said, in spring training, how much he liked this team. And he repeated it even recently.

So, the GM sees a roster with NO HOLES. The manager sees a roster he REALLY LIKES.

So much for talent evaluation.

I knew I it was going to be a long season of the same ole Brewer baseball that we've come to know after the second inning of the first game. Down 0-4 after the first and we get a nice momentum swing double play by Lind. Get first two runners on with no out. Davis comes to the plate and I say to my pop... OK, this will tell us if we made any offensive philosophy changes in the off season. BUNT!!! But no, Davis swings for the fences on the first two pitches and strikes out looking.

That did it for me. Same ole Brewers. I'm looking forward to the trade deadline.

I knew I it was going to be a long season of the same ole Brewer baseball that we've come to know after the second inning of the first game. Down 0-4 after the first and we get a nice momentum swing double play by Lind. Get first two runners on with no out. Davis comes to the plate and I say to my pop... OK, this will tell us if we made any offensive philosophy changes in the off season. BUNT!!! But no, Davis swings for the fences on the first two pitches and strikes out looking.

That did it for me. Same ole Brewers. I'm looking forward to the trade deadline.

Just my opinion , but I don't think a lack of bunting is or has ever been a problem under Roenicke. Khris Davis has 0 successful sacrifices in his career. The one thing he does well is drive the ball. I'd be pretty upset if they had him try to sac bunt (probably unsuccessfully) with the weak hitting Parra on deck.

This is a .470 baseball team. Has been since the start of 2014, but Melvin and Co. have hung their hats on a crazy April 2014 and thought that was the real team that they had assembled. This team doesn't hit. The last thing we need is more bunting. Discipline isn't the problem, it's having guys that can hit the ball and hit with RISP. I sure hope Lara & Co. pan out. It's going to be a long 4 years. Still don't understand offering Ramirez his option. Whether is Roenicke or someone else is irrelvant. The Brewers are .470 talent. I used to defend DM 100%. My patience is just about wore thin.

Just my opinion , but I don't think a lack of bunting is or has ever been a problem under Roenicke. Khris Davis has 0 successful sacrifices in his career. The one thing he does well is drive the ball. I'd be pretty upset if they had him try to sac bunt (probably unsuccessfully) with the weak hitting Parra on deck.

Difference in philosophy I guess. I understand where you're coming from, however I just feel that trying to optimize your scoring chances early when you're already down 4 runs would have a "change" from last year.

Difference in philosophy I guess. I understand where you're coming from, however I just feel that trying to optimize your scoring chances early when you're already down 4 runs would have a "change" from last year.

Conversely, some might see that as giving the other team an out and eliminating the chance of a big inning. You're right, just different philosophies.

Ryan Braun has an OPS of .512. $13.5 million just doesn't go as far as it used to.

This is what makes the Brewers so hard to watch right now. I can't get past having Braun on the team. And how long is he on the payroll? And what's he actually worth?

(remember: negativity thread!)

You may run like Mays...

It's been 12games and the Brewers have been outscored by more runs than they have on the season.... The Detroit Tigers conversely at 10-2 on the season have outscored their opponents by more runs than the Brewers have.

When does a Move happen? 16/17 games in when the season is 10% over? Someone will have to be fired here shortly...Hitting coach or Roenicke.

This is a .470 baseball team. Has been since the start of 2014, but Melvin and Co. have hung their hats on a crazy April 2014 and thought that was the real team that they had assembled. This team doesn't hit. The last thing we need is more bunting. Discipline isn't the problem, it's having guys that can hit the ball and hit with RISP. I sure hope Lara & Co. pan out. It's going to be a long 4 years. Still don't understand offering Ramirez his option. Whether is Roenicke or someone else is irrelvant. The Brewers are .470 talent. I used to defend DM 100%. My patience is just about wore thin.

He has 1 post season series win in 20+ years as GM. How he is still employed here is baffling

It's been 12games and the Brewers have been outscored by more runs than they have on the season.... The Detroit Tigers conversely at 10-2 on the season have outscored their opponents by more runs than the Brewers have.

When does a Move happen? 16/17 games in when the season is 10% over? Someone will have to be fired here shortly...Hitting coach or Roenicke.

Look no further than the GM. He built it and has his hand in all development

OK, everyone, after discussing with the other mods, we have decided to re-open this thread. I will say everyone has done a good job of being restrained and using this thread responsibly, which is the main reason we decided to re-open it. Please see my other note in the first post of this thread for the general guidelines. Thanks!
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Look no further than the GM. He built it and has his hand in all development

Heard Jon Heyman on Chicago radio this morning (The Score). He was asked directly if any managers were on the hot seat. He did not hesitate and said Roenicke, based on the combination of the late season collapse and the awful start. Can't imaging him surviving another losing home stand. Would think a 4-3 record for the week is a must to buy some time.

Who becomes the interim manager? Narron or is he joined at the hip with Roenicke? Sedar?? He's sort of the house coach and was here before Roenicke, kind of like Harvey Kuenn was back in the day. Whoever gets the interim tag is going to have a long year in that role.

I'm available after May 22nd. Or I'd be happy to take a leave from my profession if they need me sooner.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

How can a team that was 50-31 last year in the first half, with essentially the same players for the most part, be so dreadfully bad over the next 94 games?

I understand some deviation in the law of averages, but how do you literally go from the span of the best to the worst with almost the exact same players?

How can a team that was 50-31 last year in the first half, with essentially the same players for the most part, be so dreadfully bad over the next 94 games?

I understand some deviation in the law of averages, but how do you literally go from the span of the best to the worst with almost the exact same players?

That's the million dollar question; I wish someone could figure it out.

On the surface, the Brewers are at a similar cross roads the Cubs were at recently. The Cubs won the division in 2007 & 08. Just missed it in 2009, but watched their payroll balloon from $99 mil in 07 to $144 mil in 2010. Due to a bunch of horrendous contracts they then went on to spend 134 / 109 / 106 / 92 / and back to $120 mil for this year.

The Brewers have watched payroll climb steadily over the past few years and once again are at an all time high. After collapsing last year, similar to the 09 Cubs who just missed the playoffs, they bring the band back for another run. Just the same, it doesn't go well. The Cubs were saddled with more bad contracts than us but we are at a similar cross road. After finally realizing at the end of 2010, the Cubs started blowing it up. So will the Brewers finally blow it up during and after 2015? As some have mentioned the real target should be 2018 to compete again. This team is bare at the upper levels and a refresh is needed.

Archived