Brewer Fanatic

2015 Regular Season Negativism Thread (See mod note in first post!)

pacopete4

Mod note: This thread is for general complaints about the team and is intended to allow people to air their frustrations. However, this is NOT a vent/rant/cursing/threat thread. Please stay within the forum's rules and allow us to keep this thread open. Thank you!

I'm sure these guys are trying to right the ship but they are plain old awful at baseball right now. They are the stinkiest of cheeses ever made. I can smell em all the way down in New Mexico. STINK!!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving it. Can watch Brewers baseball with zero stress.

Here's hoping we coast to the #1 pick next year with a nice long summer of Uecker on the radio, amusingly-bad baseball, and period check-ins on the next wave of prospects in the low minors. Hopefully a healthy dash of trade speculation as well, once the fire sale begins. :)

Ron Roenicke needs to go. I'm leave it there.

Once the losing streak continues and fans start to get bored, I'm hoping they decide to really mix things up and make Carlos Gomez player-manager.

I'm loving it. Can watch Brewers baseball with zero stress.

Here's hoping we coast to the #1 pick next year with a nice long summer of Uecker on the radio, amusingly-bad baseball, and period check-ins on the next wave of prospects in the low minors. Hopefully a healthy dash of trade speculation as well, once the fire sale begins. :)

I'd be dreading the Brewers having the #1 pick. It can only lead to an incredibly expensive disaster.

I'm not negative now, well, I am.. but it's mainly sarcasm. I'll be truly negative when they're completely out of the playoff picture but rattle off a winning second half so they pick in the top 15 rather than the top 5. It's probably pretty hard to tank games on purpose, but it's my hope that if they're out of it that they give some younger guys a shot and the process should just naturally happen.

I doubt that's how it will go, and I'll really drum up some negativity.

that is the problem with this management; when we are 20 games below .500 (pretty soon, hey!), they will put all their thinking together to find a way to finish 10 games under; all resources will be applied to get from minus 20 - top three pick, to minus 10, pick number 16... and off season the entire mantra will be we are small market, yet finished in the top half (14 out of 30), and our 'true' talent level is the plus 10 period, so all we need to do, is apply that to the entire season, and we will be 91-71 next year. Oh, but we will need to sign an overpriced free agent starter to replace Lohse, of course.

honestly, they should sit ARAM and give Jimenez 10 or 20 games. We need to see what we have.

Lucroy at first... what a joke. He is in slump, so make sure you get his bat continually in the lineup. Has Rogers ever played first base... ha ha.

I feel this thread may be very popular

It is shocking how almost every guy in the lineup is struggling at the plate. Often a player or 2 will go into a funk for a few games but rarely do you see most of the players stink all at the same time on a ball club. In the game tonight when we fell behind 3-1 after one inning it almost felt like we were a dozen runs behind and I had no faith they'd make a game of it at all. How long can this go on? :(

They're terrible.

That's not wholly a bad thing, as it gives no real room for ownership and management to think otherwise. Last year's hot start is even further back in the rear view mirror.

Still, there is little to drive any interest in the team for the casual fan. Expect more attention to be given to Hank and less to the players.

They're terrible.

That's not wholly a bad thing, as it gives no real room for ownership and management to think otherwise.

I'm not even going to come close to saying this. They are terrible, yes but in 2013 they were 52-69. Don't recall exactly what the record was but they for sure had a top 5 worst record in MLB either at that point or a couple weeks earlier. They managed to finish the season 22-19 and knock themselves down to the 12th pick and give management hope that they could turn it around.

Well it worked in April, fell apart the rest of the season and apparently trading Gallardo and trading for Lind were the only changes they felt they needed to make.

It's so frustrating being a fan of this team. They're terrified to rebuild. Mark A. seems to prefer vets over younger players but can't afford to get the vets that will actually be worth the money for a little while so basically the best we can hope for is an older team with decent younger guys but no potential stars and hope everything goes right for us and a lot goes wrong for opponents and maybe we can sneak into the playoffs.

Remember how ticked Mark A was after last season?

Yeah, I'd like to be a fly on the wall for a conversation between him and Melvin/Roenicke/etc. right now.

I think Mark A is part of the problem. I don't think all of these moves the Brewers have made are DM's decisions. Some of my buddies have touted that the payroll is the highest it's ever been. So what. That still puts us 20th in the league. Unless MA is willing to sink $50-60 million more onto the payroll each year, this going for it every year thing will not work in Milwaukee. They just aren't built for it. Milwaukee is a small market with nothing valuable in the minors coming up for at least another 2-3 years and an aging team. The rebuilding should have started last year so that they could hopefully have a realistic chance of contending in 2018-2019. Last year the April start gave everyone hope. Hindsight is 20/20, but it was probably the worst thing that could have happened for the future of this team.

With all that said, I wouldn't trade anything for the ride the team has taken us on the last 8 years and I'll still try and watch them every game. Just sucks they are in this position. Feels like 2002 all over again right now.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/14/14f4d8ccd51f01733fe0879ff0d365975c1cfaeb2172ef19583a58a58aa72fc3.jpg

This team sucks right now. Plain sucks. I expected about a 75 win team, but this team might scuffle to win 65 games. Patch, patch, patch, patch, and now the bill has finally come due.

It's time for Melvin to go.

I'm not sure that Roenicke will make it back to Miller Park as manager. It may be a bit too early to panic, but it's becoming more and more apparent that this team is going nowhere. They are playing exactly as they did the last 6 weeks of the season last year... completely listless and lost at the plate. At least last year, the pitching held a bit, this year they are awful as well.

Hey everyone. In the past, Brewerfan.net has had vent threads that have gone on and gotten out of hand. For the past few seasons, we have tried to avoid having season long running "negativity" threads.

That said, I think we're going to let this one stay open for now. Just as a reminder, that does not mean that over-the-top posts, threats, flaming, name calling, swearing, or other violations of the forum's rules will be allowed in this thread or on this forum.

Please prove that we can have a thread like this open on this forum. Thank you.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Sorry. Did not realize this. I just wanted to vent myself and figured others would too. Didn't think about fights and such.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It can be therapeutic, if done the right way. :)

Anyway, right now, there's not much they can do to change this team. I'm glad they got Rogers up, they can get Clark up but the bench isn't going to save them, and 1B hasn't been the problem. They pretty much have to stay the course with this roster until this summer and just hope things turn around, and prepare for a fire sale and rebuild if they don't, because they're not trending in a direction where they are going to improve the team next year. They can try an early-season firing of Roenicke to see if it has some sort of jump-start effect, but I doubt it.

That said, I wouldn't wait until next season to start the next managerial search. I'd like to see if there is an interim guy who can at least get these guys to play more disciplined baseball.

Doug Melvin watching this season's Brewers:

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/after-a-workout-homer-simpson.gif

The rest of us watching this season's Brewers:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/simpsons/images/a/a8/Btl_cry.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120801133551

Archived