Brewer Fanatic

Boo the Brewers!

JJHardy7

I know you mean on a regular basis, but hard for me not to think about Rick Manning after his game winning hit with Molitor on deck still needing a hit to extend his hitting streak in 1987 (I was at that game).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Community Moderator

From the title, I was afraid this was going to be a request to boo the current team...

Wes Helms on Opening Day was embarrassing.

Gagne was booed frequently in 2008...although it was sometimes hard to distinguish if the fans were booing him or Yost for bringing him in.

I know there have been others but it's probably for the best that they have been forgotten.

Bud Selig was booed at the All Star Game when he called the game a tie.

I imagine there was some booing during the Mike DeJean/Jerry Royster mound confrontation.

I've softened with age and parenthood, so I think my booing days are over. But I could imagine myself booing Logan Schafer.

Rickie Weeks was typically booed last year before he even got to the plate. I understand some were upset his career went south with injuries, but dang he couldn't even bat without being harassed. One time he was booed vs. the Cardinals and proceeded to knock one way out...then fans cheered him. It was kind of a joke since he batted pretty decent last year.

I have booed Ron Roenicke's decision making several times in person at Miller Park.

I've booed Ron at games before but I remember being at a game towards to end of the Yost era when Ned was booed before the game when he was introduced and also as he stepped out of the dugout to make a pitching change.

Community Moderator
Turnbow was booed. Axford was booed.

My favorite Turnbow moment was from the game against the Mets on his bobblehead night. I was sitting in the field bleachers. The Brewers managed to score 4 in the bottom 8th to tie the game. Turnbow promptly comes in and blows it (I think it was a home run...). Immediately after that happened, Turnbow's head came flying onto the field from above, nearly hitting the right fielder.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

To make a comprehensive list would be difficult.

For me personally, I only ever boo'd a manager. Players, no matter how bad they are, are probably almost always giving their best athletic effort.

Managers are another story. Garner, Yost......we've had some doozies who couldn't manage a game of tic tac toe to a tie. And that deserves a hearty BOOOOOOOOO!

I boo Bud Selig's statue every time I pass it, on the way in & out of Miller Park. Call it a "character flaw" on my part if you want.

I don't boo Brewers players. I figure they have a tough enough time as it is without having their own fans boo them

I like booing the umps though. They deserve it sometimes.

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I don't think I've ever boo'd anyone at any event. Always seems silly to me. I'm pretty quite while watching sports. Don't cheer much either.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I have a feeling that if Braun continues to struggle and it is not due to injury he will start hearing it. Especially with the amount of money and years left on his contract. It could get ugly.

Usually closers when they flame out always get booed DeJean, Turnbow, Gagne, Axford, etc. Position players I remember really hearing it are Sheffield, Stubbs, Hammonds, Helms, Jenkins (toward the end of his tenure), Hall, Weeks.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I would boo Wendy Selig-Prieb at every opportunity.

I booed Yost whenever he made a boneheaded move (i.e. a whole lot).

Never been one to kick a hometown player when they're down other when they're phoning it in and clearly don't want to be here.

I don't think I've ever boo'd anyone at any event. Always seems silly to me. I'm pretty quite while watching sports. Don't cheer much either.

^ This

I love the Brewers, I can list stats upon stats, and scouting reports for most of their minor league systems however I don't take sports personally...they are a hobby I enjoy. I feel zero need for me to boo, insult, or rag on any players when I go to a game. There are players I strongly dislike on the team due to performance or playing style (such as a Marco Estrada) but I'd never stand up and boo them. That nor will I ever be an overreact and be a "FIRE RRR, FIRE MELVIN, ETC type fan constantly. I never put all my hopes and dreams on the Brewers winning World Series. If they make a run AWESOME! If not, I lose no sleep and I'll still go to games and watch them on TV. I personally like rebuilding and youth movements. I think its so fun to watch young guys come up and grow! Winning is just a fun product of doing it correct.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

The only Brewer I ever booed was Fatty Helms. I don't think you should boo and my kids won't either.

Wes Helms has to be one of my least favorite Brewers of all time. I just hated watching him play.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

Archived