Brewer Fanatic

Baseball America's Hot Prospect Sheet Thread - 2015

Mass Haas

The Medeiros Era has begun.

Hopefully he can keep it up. Not to put expectations too high, but I really think with his stuff and ability to get ground ball outs he could be one of the best LHP pitchers in the game.

This is pretty rare, but I think the scouting department might have hit one for once.

This is pretty rare, but I think the scouting department might have hit one for once.

I know you're pretty vocally down on them, but really the list from recent years is pretty good. Fielder, Braun, Weeks, Gallardo, Hardy, Hart, Lucroy, Fiers, Peralta, Nelson, Davis, Gatewood (so far), Harrison, Medeiros, Arcia, Taylor, Lara, Maldonado... just off the top of my head.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

wow, thats pretty awesome!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prospect Hot Sheet (July 17): Glasnow In Command

July 17, 2015 by Staff Report

8. Monte Harrison, cf, Brewers

Team: Rookie-level Helena (Pioneer)

Why He’s Here: .542/.613/.833 (13-for-24), 5 R, 2 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 5 RBIs, 6 BB, 2 SO, 7-for-7 SB

The Scoop: The Brewers tabbed high school standouts with their top three draft picks in 2014, including Harrison, a toolsy outfielder from Missouri, in the second round. He scuffled badly in the low Class A Midwest League in the first half this year, but he has collected himself in the hitter-happy Pioneer League. Harrison turned in a five-hit game on July 3 and has had four more multi-hit games since then, including six over the last two nights. A supreme athlete, Harrison might take a while to develop, but he’ll be worth the wait.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

WOOHOO! Guess who?

Prospect Hot Sheet (July 24): Frazier Emerging

July 24, 2015 by Staff Report

5. Demi Orimoloye, of, Brewers

Team: Rookie-level Arizona Brewers (AZL)

Why He’s Here: .375/.400/.875 (9-for-24), 4 R, 3 2B, 3 HR, 10 RBIs, 1 BB, 8 SO, 5-for-5 SB

The Scoop: It was a little surprising when Orimoloye fell to the fourth round, but the Brewers were happy to snap him up and eventually ink the hulking Canadian outfielder for $450,000. They have to like the results thus far. He’s swatted four home runs thus far, including two across two games on Tuesday and Wednesday. The toolsy Orimoloye also drove in 10 of his 17 career RBIs during this week’s Hot Sheet period.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• 2 weeks later...

2 Brewer prospects at #13 and #16... can you guess who?

Prospect Hot Sheet (Aug. 14): Winker Wakes Up In Second Half

August 14, 2015 by Staff Report

- Plato

- Plato

Archived