Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-17 Brewers (Nelson) at Pirates (Worley) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-3]

TooLiveBrew
Toronto hit more home runs in 5 innings today than the Brewers have all year, and Bautista and Encarnacion weren't involved.

Here are a few more ugly more stats

1. Jason Rogers in his one at bat has more extra base hits than Braun has so far.

2. Rogers and Hector Gomez have more extra base hits in only 9 at bats than Lucroy/Braun/Ramirez do combined.

3. Maldonado in only 4 at bats has drawn as many walks as Braun and Ramirez have combined.

4. Our 9 million dollar reliever Broxton has given up only one less home run than the whole offense has hit combined.

RVBi3T1.gif

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Mrs has invited me to fine 'a back up' team to barrack for. That would be the Twins, I guess. So I am holding off for the time being.

It is kind of weird letting the end of last year dissolve over three months, almost to the point of forgiving this mob. Then some optimism comes in. Then spring training fuels the optimism. Then 10 REAL games of baseball, puts your emotions back to the swan dive of 2014.

The most awfulerer thing is that when you look up an down the roster, you suddenly see no hope. You see a bunch of oldsters who can not really improve. You only hope they will get back to 80% of their former selves. And the youngsters all seem to be low ceiling (nicely cheap) guys. So you have a team of expensive BAD oldsters, and cheap OK youngsters.

What a mess.

It is kind of weird letting the end of last year dissolve over three months, almost to the point of forgiving this mob. Then some optimism comes in. Then spring training fuels the optimism. Then 10 REAL games of baseball, puts your emotions back to the swan dive of 2014.

The most awfulerer thing is that when you look up an down the roster, you suddenly see no hope.

I really wanted Attanasio to start over after last season by hiring a new GM, letting that GM hire the manager, and Attanasio to stop playing such a big role in roster construction.

It obviously didn't happen that way though and heading into this season, i didn't have any really high hopes for the team to land a playoff berth, but there was enough there to which i thought there was at least a slight chance for the team to be close enough in the playoff hunt for me to remain interested through the summer.

Well, now only 10 games in and just that level of hope is pretty much over already. The even worse part is if the team keeps cratering, there won't be much reason to watch consistently given the lack of any high end young prospects on the roster. At least with a bad or struggling team that has some nice prospects, those kids give you a reason to keep watching. With this roster though, if the end of May comes and the team is say a dozen games or more under .500, there will be little reason to keep watching and i like having Brewers baseball to watch in summer.

The only saving grace is it might finally get Attanasio to not just overhaul the entire front office, but also make him question how much input he should keep having in roster construction.

The even worse part is if the team keeps cratering, there won't be much reason to watch consistently given the lack of any high end young prospects on the roster. At least with a bad or struggling team that has some nice prospects, those kids give you a reason to keep watching. With this roster though, if the end of May comes and the team is say a dozen games or more under .500, there will be little reason to keep watching and i like having Brewers baseball to watch in summer.

I will still very much enjoy watching them

It is exciting seeing the progress Segura seems to be making. I really enjoy watching Gennett. I would love to be wrong about Khris Davis. Gomez is always fun to watch. Peralta could still really develop. Jimmy Nelson certainly looks better than last year. Lucroy is one of the best catchers in Baseball. The storyline of whether Braun will ever return to All-Star form is intriguing

I'm as critical of the Brewers as anyone I've seen on this board, but they are my favorite team, through thick & thin and I'll keep watching them and enjoying whatever highlights come

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

The only saving grace is it might finally get Attanasio to not just overhaul the entire front office, but also make him question how much input he should keep having in roster construction.

His ego will NEVER allow that to happen I'm afraid.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm as critical of the Brewers as anyone I've seen on this board, but they are my favorite team, through thick & thin and I'll keep watching them and enjoying whatever highlights come

Same here, in my eyes, there is only one team to root for. For better or worse, the only team that gets my allegiance is the Milwaukee Brewers, no split loyalties, no picking a new team because my team sucks, no fair weather fandom here, EVER!

I may get negative on my team, but they are still my team, and all I want is success for them...

They may still be my team, but it's now time to cheer for those Milwaukee BUCKS to take down the Bulls, and for my adopted NHL franchise the Minnesota Wild to win the Stanley Cup. These clowns are a sideshow.

We're going to make a massive mistake if we don't unload Carlos Gomez, and unload him soon. Just our luck though now he pulls his hammy which may ruin his numbers for half the season. On the PLUS side of things, Segura is going to get some time now at leadoff where he belongs...now he needs to do something with it.

On the PLUS side of things, Segura is going to get some time now at leadoff where he belongs...now he needs to do something with it.

Not tonight, tonight our lead-off hitter is Ryan Braun.

:ohwell

Archived