Brewer Fanatic

Gomez to the 15-day DL (hamstring); Jason Rogers called up

reillymcshane
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Gomez is heading to Milwaukee to have his hammy looked at. Tom H. says that Gomez leaving the club is not a good sign.

"If we weren't concerned at all, we wouldn't be sending him to Raasch," said manager Ron Roenicke. "Then we'll have to make a decision on how long it's going to be and whether its' a DL or not. We'll see what Raasch has to say."

Parra takes over in CF in the meantime.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/300111261.html

Going to have injuries throughout the year, just hope it's nothing too serious. If it looks bad at all, don't toy with it as hammy injuries can linger. Get him on the DL and let Parra / Schafer cover for him so he can be back at 100% in a couple of weeks.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Just think, if Gomez spends much of the year on & off the DL, then Doug Melvin has his new excuse for the offseason: "well now that we signed that pitcher and we've got Go-Go healthy again, we feel we are a contender....."
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Carlos Gomez placed on 15-day DL, retroactive to 4/16 (right hamstring strain). INF/OF Jason Rogers recalled from Triple-A Colorado Springs.

It was really between Rogers, Peterson and Clark. With Lucroy not hitting, they must figure Rogers is the best option to give Lind a day or two off over the next couple of weeks. I can't see him getting time at third with the way H. Gomez has hit in limited PAs so far (if Rogers is even considered a 3B anymore).

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Interesting that Rogers got the call. Won't happen but would love to see him take over at 3B against RHP and play 1B against LHP, and relegate Ramirez to facing lefties only. I'd make one more move. I'd DFA Jimenez who apparently is in witness protection, and bring up Herrera who's got some useful skills and who is also off to a hot start.

By the way Monty, Rogers has played more at 3B than he has at 1B so far this year at Colo. Springs so yeah, he's still considered a 3B.

The only good thing that could come from this is RR will find a real lead off guy who can get on base regularly instead of Gomez. :-\

Get on base regularly? On the Brewers?!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

By the way Monty, Rogers has played more at 3B than he has at 1B so far this year at Colo. Springs so yeah, he's still considered a 3B.

Good. Haven't paid much attention to the minors this year. Real life has me pretty busy :-)

I think it will pretty much take an act of God to get Ramirez some days off at 3B, and the only positive I see to that is that if he can "catch fire" a bit, a playoff team with need for a 3B may trade for him at the deadline.

~Bill Walsh

I could see Rami getting a day off this series if his bat doesnt start to pick up

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

afternoon game vs Cole (i'll be at this one!)

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The only good thing that could come from this is RR will find a real lead off guy who can get on base regularly instead of Gomez. :-\

I'd settle at this point for the old Brewers that might not have gotten on all that much but sent some balls over the wall on occasion. 3 HR in 9 games? Not too long ago they'd have 3 or 4 guys who'd have that on their own by now.

Ha! ^^^ this is So true. What are they teaching these hitters? How to cool off the stadium? This stat was why I didn't like the Cardinals 90wins+ prediction. Lack of any true Power hitting... They have 4HRs though.

Yeah, but when you can do other things competently, it makes up for lack of power. Unfortunately, without power the Brewers don't have a lot going for them.

~Bill Walsh

:laughing Well, what could it hurt? Perhaps the kid we brought up can?

I'd settle at this point for the old Brewers that might not have gotten on all that much but sent some balls over the wall on occasion. 3 HR in 9 games? Not too long ago they'd have 3 or 4 guys who'd have that on their own by now.

This is the problem with having your offense dependent on HRs. These come in streaks and if the bats go cold so does your offense. I hate the Cards but I wish we approached hitting like they do.

Archived