Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-16 Brewers (Fiers) at Cardinals (Lackey) 12:45 CDT [Brewers lose, 4-0]

TooLiveBrew

Sorry, I'm not buying this he needs to make money argument. The game is swimming with money. During a rebuild the payroll would be presumably lowered to let's say $70 million. Let's also assume worst case scenario attendance wise of 1.5 million fans per season at an average of $15 per ticket. That's still over $22 million in ticket sales. Add in the $20 million in local TV, the national TV deal, revenue sharing, concessions, merchandise, parking and he would make so much more money during a rebuild than he is now even with the loss of the casual fan.

At this point Mark A. is Herb Kohl to me. Doesn't want to rebuild but doesn't spend the money to be a consistent contender. That's fine, he would lose money if he spent $150 million on the payroll but don't expect the fans to continue to be on your side if you keep a respectable team that can maybe sneak into the playoffs if everything goes right while never being bad enough to be in a position to acquire top prospects. They got tired of Kohl always doing that and they'll eventually get tired of Attanasio if he continues to do it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gennett's swing mechanics look really off so far this year. He's jumping out at pitches and getting off balance. I don't know if it is just a slump or if the Brewers and new hitting coach Coles is screwing with his swing. If so, it ain't working.
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

None of the Brewers are doing anything offensively, aside from Adam Lind having a nice couple of games. I know it's easier said than done, but do they know that teams are just tossing them breaking balls on the outer half and they know the Brewers will chase?

Swing at slider, take good fastball. You'd think that's the gameplan based on what they've been doing the last week.

The Braun contract is going to look incredibly bad in a rebuild unless he rebounds and at least gives us ARam type production the next 5 years.

OK well his contract won't matter if we are rebuilding. Our payroll won't be anywhere near its max and even if it is we are rebuilding.

The Brewers are in trouble and have to see something happening if the continue this way, I Guess so far the FO belief that they didn't need to add alot in the offseason and expected the Players to do better has not worked out early. I can't see RR finishing the year as manager. I still think they must find a better blend for this offense not bulid the team for the 3 run homer.I have a bad feeling that the brewers will be big Sellers@the deadline.

Wow I have read the site for a long time and just started an account. This is some rough talk from the folks around here. We are still 9 games into the season right? The nationals are off to a rough start with the best pitching staff of all time, supposedly. You can not make all they blanket statements after a few series. If you read this stuff you would think the team is 50 games or more into the season. Slow down and take a breath.

Wow I have read the site for a long time and just started an account. This is some rough talk from the folks around here. We are still 9 games into the season right? The nationals are off to a rough start with the best pitching staff of all time, supposedly. You can not make all they blanket statements after a few series. If you read this stuff you would think the team is 50 games or more into the season. Slow down and take a breath.

It is an in-game thread; it's going to be full of overreactions.

There is an optimism thread that might be more up your alley. When you're out of energy cheering on a team that is go nowhere in a hurry, I'll carry you on over to the negative threads where you'll rightfully belong.

Nationals best pitching staff in baseball...something the Brewers don't have. If we had that kind of staff I would be a lot more optimistic.

Archived