Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-16 Brewers (Fiers) at Cardinals (Lackey) 12:45 CDT [Brewers lose, 4-0]

TooLiveBrew

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]April 16 | 12:45 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (2-6) | Cardinals (4-3)[/h2][h3]FSWI, MLBN | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2014/logos/cardinals.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://i.imgur.com/OEeAnto.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/Hs0xNQo.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][pitcher]Mike Fiers[/pitcher][h2]0-1, 9.00 ERA, 1.60 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cardinals | Game Log[/h3][h3]Fiers allowed five runs in five innings to the Pirates in his first start, giving up a homer and four doubles. He is 2-1 with a 1.30 ERA in six games, four starts, during his career against St. Louis.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][pitcher]John Lackey[/pitcher][h2]0-0, 6.00 ERA, 1.00 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Lackey worked six innings in his season debut April 10, allowing a pair of two-run Joey Votto homers in a 5-4 Cardinals loss. The 36-year-old right-hander ranks among the top 10 active pitchers in wins and strikeouts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. SS Jean Segura
  2. C Jonathan Lucroy
  3. RF Ryan Braun
  4. 1B Adam Lind
  5. 3B Aramis Ramírez
  6. LF Khris Davis
  7. 2B Scooter Gennett
  8. CF Gerardo Parra
  9. RHP Mike Fiers

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. 3B Matt Carpenter
  2. RF Jason Heyward
  3. LF Matt Holliday
  4. SS Jhonny Peralta
  5. 1B Mark Reynolds
  6. CF Jon Jay
  7. C Yadier Molina
  8. 2B Kolten Wong
  9. RHP John Lackey

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cards, Crew set for rubber match in St. Louis

By Adam McCalvy / MLB.com | 4/16/2015 2:35 AM ET

The Brewers' ongoing effort to find an offensive rhythm continues against the Cardinals' John Lackey on Thursday, when the teams meet for an afternoon series finale at Busch Stadium. While catcher Jonathan Lucroy's slump has garnered most of the notice because of its severity, he's not the Crew's only middle-of-the-order hitter searching for production.

"It's all of us," Lucroy said. "Even [leadoff man Carlos Gomez] is a lot better. 'Brauny' [Ryan Braun], 'Rami' [Aramis Ramirez] hasn't been swinging that well. All of us, when we start clicking together, I think it's going to be nice."

Things to know about this game:

• Still a newbie to the National League, Lackey has faced the Brewers just three times in his 13-year career. Two of those starts came with St. Louis last season, and Milwaukee knocked him around for eight earned runs over 13 innings. Cardinals starting pitchers have opened the season strong, however, with five quality starts in the first six games. The Cardinals had 91 quality starts a year ago, their fifth-highest total since 2000.

• Brewers starter Mike Fiers is coming off a five-run, five-inning loss to the Pirates, but has some brief but positive history on his side for Thursday's start. He is 2-1 with a 1.30 ERA in six career games (four starts) against the Cardinals, including a 1-1 record with a 1.98 ERA in two starts last season and a 1-1 record with a 1.29 ERA in four games (two starts) at Busch Stadium.

• The Cardinals won four of six series finales between the two teams last season, including each of the last three, on the way to beating the Brewers in 12 of 19 matchups.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Sure would feel good to win this series, on the road, in St. Louis.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

sucks Gomez is hurt, but its great to have a gold glove 4th OF in Parra to fill in while he's getting checked out in Milwaukee.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I'll put this here but did anyone notice last night that they put the minor league affiliate scores on the bottom line? That's a pretty cool idea. The problem is I had the game on at around 8:30 and they say the Timber Rattlers game starts at 6:35 when it already had been going on for a couple hours. What's the point of putting up minor league scores if you're not actually going to post the scores?

SS Segura

C Lucroy

RF Braun

1B Lind

3B Ramirez

LF Davis

2B Gennett

CF Parra

P Fiers

3B Carpenter

RF Heyward

LF Holiday

SS Peralta

1B Human Out Machine aka worst 3TO ever aka will somehow become an awesome player now that he's a Cardinal aka Mark Reynolds

CF Jay

C Molina

2B Wong

P Lackey

Thankfully, Gomez or Braun being out a few games doesn't automatically mean we have to suffer through Logan Schafer ("human waste of roster space")...

If both are out at the same time though, oh boy...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I think odds are pretty good Gomez is going on the DL if they sent him to Milwaukee today. Parra is a fine corner OF with a good arm; but can he cover CF for an extended period of time.

Would be really nice to see Lucroy, Braun, and Ramirez driving the ball a bit more. Starting to get hits but not really with any authority.

Bottom line is that Schafer has no business on this team. The spot should've went to a guy like Clark or Rogers. A guy that can actually help this ball club win games. Shame on DM and RR.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

dont worry Brew4U, when Gomey lands on the DL they'll call up Clark/Rogers to backup Schafer ;)

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Will be interesting if they call up an OF or just go with the one back up in Schafer. I only say that because Shane Peterson is the only other OF on the 40 man and he is a lefty. On top of that Elian Herrera is currently not on the 40 man so they would have to add him to be the emergency 5th guy.

Hopefully they go with Clark and drop Schafer when Gomez comes back...one can only dream...

I'll put this here but did anyone notice last night that they put the minor league affiliate scores on the bottom line?

I'm pretty sure they did that last year too. At least Wisconsin, Beloit, and Northwest League scores I remember.

Yah they list the locals ones on the left field board too.

Looking forward to watching this

Is that lineup real? Is Roenicke actually hitting Gennett & Parra back to back? Against a team with 2 LHP's in the bullpen? Oh, Lord

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Is that lineup real? Is Roenicke actually hitting Gennett & Parra back to back? Against a team with 2 LHP's in the bullpen? Oh, Lord

What do you want him to do? The team has been garbage and Scooter Gennett can't hit a beach ball. Hector Gomez can just PH for him.

What do you want him to do? The team has been garbage and Scooter Gennett can't hit a beach ball. Hector Gomez can just PH for him.

I suppose they can just pinch hit for Gennett whenever a LHP pitcher comes to the mound, but I though all along they were saying Gennett can be an every-day player

I'd split Parra & Gennett up, with Davis in between them.... Cardinals like to play match up. Why make it easier on them?

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

OH MY GOD KHRIS DAVIS IS REALLY NOT THAT GOOD IN LF...............................

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I suppose they can just pinch hit for Gennett whenever a LHP pitcher comes to the mound, but I though all along they were saying Gennett can be an every-day player

I'd split Parra & Gennett up, with Davis in between them.... Cardinals like to play match up. Why make it easier on them?

Have you ever heard Roenicke explain his line-ups? I am pretty sure he just pulls names out of a hat.

Archived