Brewer Fanatic

2015-04-15 Brewers (Peralta) at Cardinals (Lynn) 7:15 CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2]

TooLiveBrew

So...watching Walden pitch right now. How is his windup not illegal?? I could be wrong, but doesn't a pitcher have to be touching the rubber when he releases the ball? Walden is VERY clearly jumping or whatever and his toes are completely off the rubber (and closer to the plate) when he releases the ball.

Here's a picture of it from ST.

http://ww3.hdnux.com/photos/35/17/31/7665274/3/628x471.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So...watching Walden pitch right now. How is his windup not illegal?? I could be wrong, but doesn't a pitcher have to be touching the rubber when he releases the ball? Walden is VERY clearly jumping or whatever and his toes are completely off the rubber (and closer to the plate) when he releases the ball.

Walden has been pitching this way for years and it has been deemed legal.

Check the random mlb thread in major leagues. The fella from the Marlins is even worse then walden.

Braun had a nice AB against a good closer.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Yup....I saw another pitcher today from the AL that has the same weird jump off the rubber, a little more pronounced. But neither one is a shut-down type pitcher. If the teams make a fuss the league will ban it.

I hate how specialized baseball has become. I hope this new commish puts some rules in on relief pitchers being used. Annoying. And I'm not just saying that because the Cards do it quite a bit.

This is why games are so long, not because batters and pitchers take too long to get ready.

From when the manager starts walking towards the mound to when the pitcher gets to the mound to when he finishes his warm-up pitches and gets ready to go... how long does that take? And then do that 3-4 times per game?

Braun had a nice AB against a good closer.

The problem isn't exactly his approach, but just the fact his power has been non existent and he is still struggling getting to the ball. Positively thinking maybe it is just early season struggles and his timing is off.

I am so sick of watching this team's garbage offensive approach year after year.

Nobody on and down 5? Hack away. 2 strikes and multiple runners on? Time to guess.

Agree, there is nothing consistent. Look at the Cardinals, gameplan was very clear that they were going to be very aggressive and swing early. Every single hitter on board with that plan and it worked.

Brewers on the other hand have no plan at the plate. Each player, not named Lucroy, with a different approach every AB it seems like. Coaching staff seems to have zero idea on how to scout and gameplan against an opposing pitcher.

Hate the Cards, but you can't deny they are managed very well, and play as a cohesive unit. Don't see the Brewers ever getting to that point under RRR.

I hate how specialized baseball has become. I hope this new commish puts some rules in on relief pitchers being used. Annoying. And I'm not just saying that because the Cards do it quite a bit.

This is why games are so long, not because batters and pitchers take too long to get ready.

From when the manager starts walking towards the mound to when the pitcher gets to the mound to when he finishes his warm-up pitches and gets ready to go... how long does that take? And then do that 3-4 times per game?

Maybe they could just eliminate warm up pitches on the mound? I don't like the idea of completely taking away situational pitching changes, as they've been part of the game for many years. I do agree it takes a ridiculous amount of time to change pitchers, though.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Khris Davis in the clutch...KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Seriously though can someone tell him he doesn't have to try and hit a homer every time someone is on base in a big spot...

Why, no one tells Gomez to stop swinging out of HIS helmet...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Khris Davis in the clutch...KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.

Seriously though can someone tell him he doesn't have to try and hit a homer every time someone is on base in a big spot...

Why, no one tells Gomez to stop swinging out of HIS helmet...

Rarely see it on a 3rd strike from Gomez and because he has had way more success in his approach than Davis so far. When Davis is hitting, those big swings aren't happening and he's hitting the opposite gap. The problem a lot of people have with Davis is exactly what was being said. Anytime there are men on base, he feels as though has to yank one out of the planet earth. It's a silly approach and he'd have a lot more success just doing what he is good at.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived