Brewer Fanatic

2015 Regular Season Optimism Thread

torts
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things could always be worse!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1988/0502_large.jpg

For those not old enough to remember, the O's actually actually started 0-21 that season. Cal Ripken Sr was replaced by Frank Robinson after they were 0-6.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I am still excited every night! they lost again? MEH! Bring on the next game!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Things could always be worse!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1988/0502_large.jpg

For those not old enough to remember, the O's actually actually started 0-21 that season. Cal Ripken Sr was replaced by Frank Robinson after they were 0-6.

Quite a bit of similarity between this Brewer team and that Oriole team. You would have never have imagined that a lineup that included two future HOF could possibly struggle to that extent either. But their starting pitching proved to be woefully inadequate, and the guys they has surrounding Ripken and Murray while not horrendous were pretty non-descript. They had also stumbled in the year prior, going 7-24 in Sept/Oct.

On a hopeful note the Orioles went from 54-107 in 88 to 87-75 the next year.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

If the Brewers go into rebuild mode, it really gives us a chance evaluate certain players. You just go with the young guys and see how they play. Yes, they will be bad. But perhaps a few rise to top, and become part of a better foundation.

When the team is middle of the road, they are reluctant to play younger guys. We end up with players like Mark Reynolds and Lyle Overbay instead of Jason Rogers and Matt Clark. I'm not saying Clark and Rogers would do better - but we'll never know if they aren't given a fair shake. Knowing the season is lost, you can do that - let guys like Clark, Rogers, Jimenez and so forth get some consistent playing time. Lind, A-Ram, Gomez, Parra, Garza, Lohse, K-Rod, Cotts - these guys probably aren't going to be part of the next good Brewers team. Let's find guys who will be and give them a chance.

Hang on, 'stache. If you are all gun ho re Braun, why are you trying to trade him and hope the other guy in your fantasy league will 'bite'. You sound a bit like a GM talking up his man preparing to TRADE HIM. You dont really believe. You are looking for an OUT.

Perhaps your reading comprehension needs some improving. I am trying to work out a trade FOR Ryan Braun. In other words, I am trying to acquire him, hence why I hoped he would "move Braun before he got hot". Understand? And don't tell me "I don't believe." I've been a Brewers fan since 1978 when I was 7 years old, and I've never stopped believing in them. I've never seen my team win a World Series in the 37 years since I started watching them. And I might be ticked with the team's ownership and leadership. But I still believe in, and love this team, and I will until the day I die.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Jimmy Nelson is a stud...I hope to God he rubs off on the rest of the staff ASAP before the season is 100% lost.

I will admit being wrong worrying about him. At this point he is one of the few things keeping me interested in the big league club.

Jimmy Nelson is a stud...I hope to God he rubs off on the rest of the staff ASAP before the season is 100% lost.

adding that curve has been amazing!!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

As a huge fan of rebuilding...this season is working out perfectly for me!

Agreed! I'm super psyched about a Top 5 Draft Pick in 2016! Dare I even wish for the #1 pick?!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I AM ALL FOR OPTIMISM!!!! EVEN IF IT MEANS TANKING AND REBUILDING FOR THE FUTURE!!!

I really really REALLY dont like how MLB teams cannot trade draft picks. Its one way how MLB is still behind the times in terms of professional sports. Imagine if we could trade for picks and could net an extra one or two 1st/2nd rd picks next year? droooooooooooolllllllllllllll

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I AM ALL FOR OPTIMISM!!!! EVEN IF IT MEANS TANKING AND REBUILDING FOR THE FUTURE!!!

I really really REALLY dont like how MLB teams cannot trade draft picks. Its one way how MLB is still behind the times in terms of professional sports. Imagine if we could trade for picks and could net an extra one or two 1st/2nd rd picks next year? droooooooooooolllllllllllllll

I don't think this would be very popular with the teams though. With how long players take to develop I think they would much rather take talent with a year or two of experience than a pick. I don't think you'd see the picks traded very often at all. In the NFL and NBA a pick adds value the next year, in baseball it is usually at least 2 years away and sometimes 4 or 5.

I don't think this would be very popular with the teams though. With how long players take to develop I think they would much rather take talent with a year or two of experience than a pick. I don't think you'd see the picks traded very often at all. In the NFL and NBA a pick adds value the next year, in baseball it is usually at least 2 years away and sometimes 4 or 5.

I think you would see teams trade picks for picks. A team that has major minors rebuild on their hands might like two first round picks instead of one high pick for example.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

A sweep this weekend and we are only 4.5 back with 143 left to play!!!!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Two well pitched games in a row. Braun getting going. Lind being all we could hope for. Rogers showing signs he might be the bat off the bench we need. Broxton strikes out the side and K-Rod closes it down. Even a Ramirez sighting. It's turning around.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived