Brewer Fanatic

2015 Regular Season Optimism Thread

torts
We'll take two of three this weekend and get back on track!

FANTASTIC FOLLOW UP!! I AM FEELIN THIS SO HARD RIGHT NOW!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This applies more to the future rather than 2015, but we are on pace for the #1 draft pick!!! That's pretty good, hopefully this time around we don't select BJ Surhoff over Barry Bonds

This is actually a positive thing. Barry is a jerk. Much like Sheffield.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I get the whole small sample size deal, but nine games in and Braun doesn't a a single extra-base hit. Not only that, it's not as if he's hitting balls hard, but they are just finding gloves.

He hit the ball pretty hard this spring, didn't he, including three home runs. I read in the game thread tonight he hit one that just missed going out. He'll get it going. I don't think he's anywhere near 100% after opening day.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

A win today and we go 1-2 against Pit and Stl on the road. A lot of times that's acceptable... (I'm really trying here.)
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Our starting pitching has looked decent except for Lohse and if he can get it together there is no reason to think we won't have 5 solid pitchers all year, which usually leads to a good number of wins
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

"With the first pick in the 2016 Major League Baseball Amateur Draft the Milwaukee Brewers select, Riley Pint right hand pitcher from St. Thomas Aquinas High School."

"Brewers draft Pint!"

I'm very optimistic that such a scenario would make this current season all worthwhile.

"With the first pick in the 2016 Major League Baseball Amateur Draft the Milwaukee Brewers select, Riley Pint right hand pitcher from St. Thomas Aquinas High School."

"Brewers draft Pint!"

I'm very optimistic that such a scenario would make this current season all worthwhile.

Sounds like he wants to go to college no matter what. Maybe he's trying to drive up his bonus but he mentioned it several times in the article I just read.

I listened to the game on the internet radio. 3 am to 6 am in Sydney. I am a true fan. My point is Jimenez seems to have made some very nice plays at third. At least two Uke was glowing about - a behind the bag grab and throw to first. And on some double play he just said 'wow'.

So, my optimism is that next year we can have 20 guys at league min - pre arby.

And Jimenez even got one of those hits we special in... a single. He will fit right in!

2-10 YA SAY? I DONT CARE! I am EXCITED about the prospects of this season! We either TURN IT UP and get back on track, clobbering a sea of red the rest of the month, OR we get blown away and see what this system has in store for the future! THIS GLASS IS NOT HALF EMPTY OR HALF FULL! I EITHER WANT IT OVERFLOWING OR DRY AS A BONE! BRING ON THE REDS!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Coulter, Arcia, and Medeiros have all started out very well. Gatewood seems to have shown improvement as well. Taylor and Harrison have started a bit slow but are coming on a bit. Even Roache is showing some signs. MILB box scores are a lot more fun to watch than MLB right now.

Maybe I'm drinking the kool aid. But I'm trying to work out a deal for Braun in my fantasy league. I just have this feeling that he's going to get it going, and really get it going, soon. I did catch some spring training game highlights, and what I saw from him looked good.

I know how long abdominal issues can linger. His stats are terrible right now, but he's hitting the ball harder. He's too good of a hitter not to put it back together, and I'm confident he will.

I don't think the Brewers make .500 this year. But they are a much better team than we have seen thus far. And when #8 starts swinging the bat again, others will follow suit. Hitting is a strange thing. I think back to the movie The Natural. The Knights were a "dead from the neck up ball club". Then Roy Hobbs came along, and started hitting. The rest of the team did, too. Now, I'm not saying Braun is Ted Williams right now. Far from it. But he has been one of the best hitters in baseball for a long time, and even though he's had a couple down years, I know baseball well enough to know that PEDs didn't turn a so so hitter into the superstar Braun was, and I believe will be again.

I'm a big enough man to admit I am wrong, so if I crash and burn on this one, I will fess up. But I don't think #8 is done, not by a long shot. Anybody that has had a nerve issue in their hand knows how debilitating it can be. I only played baseball until I was 17, but I played tennis throughout college. And a nerve issue in roughly the same area as Braun's completely wrecked my swing, and then it messed with my head. I couldn't serve. My forehand lost all power, and it even ruined my backhand. I couldn't put any English on the ball at all. When the hand healed up, it took some time to get my mechanics settled again. I'd made some bad adjustments trying to compensate, and all I was hitting was a nice, soft little tennis ball. Braun's trying to hit a baseball traveling at speeds near 100 mph, and curving all over the place. I certainly don't compare what I went through to what he's still dealing with. All I can say is that I empathize. The shot Brauny hit tonight was a rocket. I'm hoping the guy in my league bites, and moves Braun before he gets hot.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Stache thats the spirit!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Hang on, 'stache. If you are all gun ho re Braun, why are you trying to trade him and hope the other guy in your fantasy league will 'bite'. You sound a bit like a GM talking up his man preparing to TRADE HIM. You dont really believe. You are looking for an OUT.

OH, bugger. I did not read the thread title.

My hope (optimism) is that the Crew can trade EVERY guy not ticketed to be in 2017. I want to watch 20 rookies + the leftovers we do not trade - in hoping we find a rookie who sticks. Let us find the next Corey Hart and Nelson Cruz and Jimmy Nelson and Peralta and Henderson, etc etc. Let us have a team of young guys loving to be in The Show. Rather than all our old, past date, 'get me out of here', guys.

Braun will now homer in consecutive days, this time to win the game, telling everyone that he is back.

I still believe. Why? Because this is a very streaky team. For every horrific down turn we are capable of an equally huge upswing. It is also a much better team than the bottom feeder it is now. It was a slightly better than .500 team last year and are basically the same this year. Add those things together and we should have a pretty dang good stretch ahead of us. Things always even out. If we start bad all that means is things will get better. Injuries happen. The good part about them so far is they are not season ending. That means when the players do come back they will not be worn out in the dog says of August and September.

Is it likely to end in a playoff push? Probably not. But I for one will not give up hope after a month of play, let alone 13 games. If that is unrealistic so be it. I'd rather be myopic than miserable.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived